Idaho State University - Student Financial Services
Cost of Attendance 2014-2015 . . . . . link to 2015-2016
Undergraduate Tuition and Fees:
|Full-Time (12 credits or more)||$3,283.00 per semester|
|Part-Time at Full-Time rate (11 credits)||$3,283.00 per semester|
|Part-Time (10 credits or less)||$328.00 per credit|
|Full-Time (12 credits or more)||$9,663.00 per semester|
|WUE Full-Time (12 credits or more with WUE award)||$4,924.50 per semester|
|Part-time (11 credits or less)||$535.00 per credit|
|Full-Time (9 credits or more)||$3,867.00 per semester|
|Part-time (8 credits or less)||$387.00 per credit|
|Full-Time (9 credits or more)||$10,247.00 per semester|
|Part-time (8 credits or less)||$594.00 per credit|
Nonresident Fee Adjustments and Waivers:
Athletic Nonresident Fee Waivers
- Awarded by the Athletic Department
General Nonresident Fee Waivers
- Awarded by the Scholarship Office on a competitive basis to students in eligible programs.
- Awarded by the Financial Aid Office coordinated with federal financial aid.
- eISU waivers of nonresident fees awarded to nonresidents taking only eISU (on-line) classes.
- For more information about eISU waivers, contact Jody Finnegan at (208) 282-4293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Assistant Nonresident Fee Waivers
- Awarded to graduate teaching or research assistants.
Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE)
Students from the 15 WICHE states may be eligible for adjustments to the nonresident portion of fees. ISU participates in the following programs:
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) - Undergraduates on this program pay a $1,641.50 WUE fee rather than a $6,380.00 nonresident fee per semester. WUE awards are granted by the Scholarship Office on a competitive basis.
- Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP) - Graduate students in eligible programs receive nonresident fee waivers. Identify your WICHE state as you apply to one of the twelve participating programs offered at ISU.
- Professional Student Exchange Program (PSEP) - Receive support from your home state to participate in qualifying programs in health professions. ISU offers Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Pharmacy, and Physician Assistant programs through PSEP. Certification is through your home state and the WICHE office.
Reduced Fee Options:
- Senior citizens: Residents of Idaho age 60 or over pay $20.00 per semester plus $5.00 per credit hour in place of basic registration fees listed above. They also pay any class fees or professional fees associated with their program or class selection. This rate does not apply to workshop courses 4498P or 5598P, which are charged at $50.00 per credit plus class fees.
- Employees or spouses of employees qualifying for educational benefits: Students qualified under the employee/spouse benefit programs pay $20.00 per semester plus $5.00 per credit hour in place of basic registration fees listed above. They also pay any class fees or professional fees associated with their program or class selection. Graduate employees are taxed on fee reduction benefits exceeding IRS limits, and employees are taxed on their spouse's graduate fee reduction benefits. This rate also does not apply to 4498P or 5598P courses.
- Dependent children of qualifying employees: The ISU Employee Dependent Child Tuition Reduction benefit provides for a 50 percent reduction of resident (in state) student tuition and general fees (full-time fee or credit-hour fee) for dependent children of eligible ISU employees. Full benefit details and related forms are available in the Office of Human Resources or online at the educational benefits page.
- Professional Development workshops: 4497/5597 classes set up as professional development workshops have special rates for those qualifying for educational inservice MOU ($50.00 per credit plus class fees) or supervising teacher provisions of the Teacher Education Program ($20.00 per semester plus $5.00 per credit plus class fees). The inservice undergraduate rate for those not covered by MOU is $103.00 per credit, and the inservice graduate rate is $125.00 per credit. 4497/5597 workshop rates are limited to specific classes and students qualified by employment in Idaho school districts. 4498P/5598P professional development workshops will be charged a cost recovery workshop fee and a $50.00 per credit recording fee.
Student Health Insurance:
Student Health Insurance = $1,251.00 fall semester, $1,251.00 spring/summer, $625.50 summer only ($469.25 for College of Technology early or late 8-week session)
- Student health insurance is charged to full-time students (12 total credits or 9 graduate credits) and international students taking 1 credit or more (Waiver available with documentation of personal coverage).
Students are expected to pay fees by the due date of fees, regardless of receipt of bill or financial aid availability. Please start early in arranging for fee payment, and check for options if you are having difficulty by calling (208) 282-3000.
- $50 if tuition and fees are not paid by the due date, generally the Friday before classes start. Fees for classes starting later in the semester are due on the first day of class.
- Additional $50 after last day to drop the class. Students allowed to pay fees after the tenth day of classes will be charged $100 or more in late fees. Additional late fees may be charged for each month or portion in which fee payment is not complete.
- $50 per month if fees have not been paid in full yet for the semester.
- $25 per month if fees have been paid in full, then additional fees are charged and left unpaid.
Class Fees and Miscellaneous Charges:
- Medical/Counseling Malpractice = $5 per semester (Fall-Spring-Summer)
- PharmD Malpractice = $5 per semester (Summer-Fall-Spring)
- Physician/Nurse Practitioner/EMT Malpractice = $20 per semester (Fall-Spring-Summer)
New Student Orientation (NSO) Fee = $100 charged first semester only
- For more information visit http://www.isu.edu/nso/
International Program Office Fees
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) Fee = $60
- International Student Orientation Fee = $20 (first semester only--in addition to the NSO Fee above)
- Administrative Support Fee = $50 per semester - all international students requiring I-20/Sevis reporting
Housing Costs - This does not include laundry, bedding, or personal items
Books and Supplies = Approximate expenses are $350 - $550 per semester, and vary depending on course requirements
Athletic Training MS
- MS = $750 per semester
- AuD = $51 per credit
- Graduate Counseling = $466 per semester
- BS (Junior/Senior) = $288 per semester
- MS - Clinical = $349 per credit
- MS - Didactic = $88 per credit
- MS - Thesis = $176 per credit
- Internship = $1,350 per semester
Idaho Dental Education Program
- IDEP = $12,510 per semester (Creighton Fee Estimate)
Medical Lab Science
- MLS = $470 per semester
- BSN = $861 each term/semester (regardless of credits enrolled)
- MSN = $1,047 each term/semester (regardless of credits enrolled)
- PhD = $1,051 each term/semester (regardless of credits enrolled)
- DNP = $1,883 each term/semester (regardless of credits enrolled)
- Resident = $1,160 per semester (not charged summer term)
- Non-resident = $3,425 per semester (not charged summer term)
- AS = $656 per semester ($328 summer term)
- Resident = $4,839.00 per semester
- Non-Resident = $7,209 per semester
PharmD Nontraditional (NTPD)
- Rate A: (Entered program 2004 to Summer 2010)
- Resident = $339 per credit
- Non-resident = $383 per credit
- Rate B: (Entered program Fall 2010 and after)
- Resident = $476 per credit
- Non-resident = $590 per credit
- Resident = $1,357 per semester (not charged summer term)
- Non-resident = $3,863 per semester (not charged summer term)
- Resident = $6,345 per semester
- Non-resident = $6,871 per semester
- RS = $412 per semester
- SOWK = $125 per semester
Speech Language Pathology
- Online PreProfessional = $200 per credit
- Online MS = $432 per credit
- MS = $51 per credit