Why Personal Training?
Personal training is just that: a training experience, program, and environment created by a professional to meet the health and fitness needs and interests of the client. Although the benefits of working with a personal trainer are numerous and varied, some of the most notable benefits are:
- Creating an individualized training program for you
- Training progressions to facilitate achieving your fitness goals
- Based on your fitness goals, you will receive professional guidance for achieving cardiovascular and/or muscular fitness
- Increased accountability and motivation for your workout
- Working out in a safe environment
Personal training may be scheduled as a one-on-one or small group sessions. Each session is 45 minutes, and may include a variety of cardiovascular and/or muscular fitness components depending on the individual goals of the client.
About Our Personal Trainer
Laura Yost is certified personal trainer and registered nurse. Laura's certification and professional experience ensures that each client who works with her receives a high level of professionalism and expertise throughout their entire training experience.
The ISU Wellness Center takes pride in its Personal Training Program and its ability to offer ISU Community members the most affordable option when it comes to working with a certified and experienced personal trainer.
Current Students with valid Bengal ID cards:
- No charge for first 3 sessions per semester: initial consult plus 2 training sessions
- After first three free sessions each semester: $25 per session or package deal of 4 sessions for $80
ISU Community* with valid Bengal ID cards:
- $25 per session
- Package deals:
- Initial Training Package: initial fitness assessment plus 3 training sessions for $90
- On-going Training Packages--save 10% or more
- 3 training sessions for $65
- 6 training sessions for $135
(Fees payable at the time of service-cash and check preferred; payroll deduction available for full-time employees who receive benefits)
* ISU Community includes faculty, staff, alumni; spouses of students, faculty, and staff; and students who pay reduced-fee tuition (ISU Community members must present valid, current Bengal ID, Spouse ID, or ISU Alumni card at the time of scheduling the appointment).
How to Schedule a Personal Training Session
Please call the Wellness Center at (208) 282-2117 to schedule an appointment with our certified personal trainer. You may also stop by our office in Reed Gym 205A.
Please reschedule your appointment if you are suffering from any acute respiratory infection or related condition. If you cannot keep your appointment for other reasons, please contact the Wellness Center at (208) 282-2117 as soon as possible before your appointment.
If you do not show for an appointment for any of the ISU Wellness Center services (i.e., a fitness assessment, personal training, or nutrition/wellness coaching) without calling in advance to cancel two times, you will not be allowed to schedule another appointment for any ISU Wellness Center service for the remainder of the semester.
Because each personal training takes 45 minutes to complete, it is important for you to be on time for your appointment. If you do not arrive on time, the ISU Wellness Center personal trainer you are scheduled to meet will wait 10 minutes. If you fail to meet the personal trainer within 10 minutes of your scheduled appointment time, it will be considered a no-show (see no-show policy above).
All sales are final and requests for refunds will only be accepted based upon medical necessity, or in case of significant emergencies. Documentation of medical condition or other emergencies may be required to request a refund. All refund requests will be reviewed and completed on a case-by-case basis.