Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University

Getting Started Checklist

CH 30 Montgomery G.I. Bill® Active Duty (MGIB-AD) - Form 22-1990

CH 33 Post 9-11 - Form 22-1990

CH 33 Post 9-11 Transfer of Entitlement for Spouse/Dependents - Form  22-1990e

CH 35 Survivor & Dependent’s Education Assistance (DEA) - Form 22-5490

CH 1606 Montgomery G.I. Bill® Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) - Form 22-1990

CH 1607 Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) - Form 22-1990

Transfer students / students changing majors - Form 22-1995

Transfer students or students changing majors utilizing CH 35 DEA - Form 22-5495

Which Chapter of Benefits Should I Utilize?


As of Sept. 2015 students utilizing Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment apply through eBenefits.

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - eBenefits

CH 31 Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E) - Form 28-1990

It can take from 6 to 10 weeks for V.A. to determine your eligibility. If you are found eligible by V.A. for education benefits you will be sent a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) via USPS mail. You must submit a copy of your COE to the Veterans Certifying Official during your first semester at Idaho State University. Contact for details.


2) Apply for admission to ISU
To ensure the most efficient handling of your questions, please contact the Office of Admissions regarding the application process. Only your Joint Service Transcript will be addressed by Military Education Benefits.
921 S. 8th Ave, Stop 8270
Pocatello, ID, 83209-8270
Phone: 208-282-2475
Fax: 208-282-4511
Web Address:
3) Apply for Financial Aid

Optional  - Apply for Financial Aid by completing a FAFSA online once a year.

ISU School Code for Financial Aid: 001620


Once accepted, complete these steps every semester utilize your benefits:
1) Meet with an Advisor

Academic advising is available in the Veteran Student Services Center and in the Central Academic Advising office:

Central Academic Advising  -
(208) 282-3277 or (208) 282-7800 (Idaho Falls)

Veteran Student Services Center  -
(208) 282-4245 


2) Register for Classes
               -Register for classes using BengalWeb
               -To view course offerings at ISU use the online Class Schedule
3) Submit a VA Education Registration Form

If you want to receive VA Education Benefits, you must complete and submit a VA Education Registration Form after your schedule is finalized for the semester.

This must be completed every semester or no payments will be issued!



OPTIONAL - Apply for Tuition Assistance (if eligible) through Army Reserves or National Guard


V.A. Education Registration Form navigation button