The Writing Centers will be closed during ISU's March 16-27 spring break. Questions or concerns? Call us at 208-282-3662 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning March 30, real-time video appointments will be available Mondays-Thursdays from 9am-7pm and Fridays from 9am-2pm. "48 hour" written feedback appointments will also be available through our online appointment book. See you online!
To learn how to use the Writing Center appointment book, see our . What kind of appointment works best for you?
- Online chat. Make an online chat or audio/visual appointment from anywhere by selecting an open "online tutor" slot in either of our appointment books.
- Written feedback. Get written comments on your draft within two working days by making an appointment with the "48-hour Tutor" in the Pocatello appointment book.
The Writing Center helps you build the skills you need for all your writing projects. We work with students writing anthropology papers, biology lab reports, marketing plans--even scholarship applications. We can help you talk through your project's ideas and organization; we can help you find patterns in your errors and learn ways to fix them. Whether you're a first-year student writing a personal essay or a doctoral student working on a dissertation, we can provide the "second pair of eyes" that every good writer wants.
The Writing Center is supported by student fees and there is no additional cost to make an appointment. All registered ISU students, including dual-enrolled Early College students, are welcome to use the center.
Hours and contact information
In Pocatello, the Writing Center is in REND 323 on the third floor of the Rendezvous Center, over the classrooms that face the library. In Idaho Falls, it's in CHE 220. The Writing Center is not open during national holidays, fall and spring breaks, or finals week.
REND 323 208.282.3662 email@example.com
- Mondays - Thursdays 9am - 7pm
- Fridays 9am - 2 pm
CHE 220 208.282.3662 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mondays - Thursdays 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Appointments are usually necessary, although you can call 208-282-3662 to see if a tutor is available for walk-ins.
- You can make 30-minute appointments for 1-4 page papers and 60 minute appointments for 5-10 page papers.
- You can make up to two hours of appointments in any week.
- If you make an appointment and can't attend it, please cancel it at least two hours ahead of time so somebody else can use it.
- Running late? Call and let us know! If you're more than 5 minutes late and haven't called, your appointment may be given to someone waiting.
- If you miss two appointments without giving us two hours' notice, you won't be able to make other appointments this term (you can still drop by to see if a tutor is available).
- Plan ahead--our schedule can fill up quickly, especially at the middle and end of the term!
Many of your writing questions can be answered with our collection of handouts. Take a look and find information on Using Sources, Kinds of Writing, The Process and the Paper, and Editing and Mechanics.
Got a fast APA question?
Questions or concerns? Please contact University Tutoring Director Dr. Haydie LeCorbeiller