- When can I apply for my Educator Certification?
After graduation and successfully meeting all requirements for certification, including the Praxis II exam, you may apply for your Idaho Standard Instructional Certificate.
- How do I apply for my Educator Certification?
Review the materials in the Teacher Certification Application Instructions or visit the Idaho State Department of Education: Apply for Certification.
- All-subjects K-8 (elementary) Art
- Business education
- Communication & rhetorical studies
- Deaf/hard of hearing education
- Early Childhood Blended B-Grade 3
- English as a Second/New Language
- Family & consumer sciences
- Health education
- Natural science 6-12
- Physical education
- Science middle level 5-9
- Social studies middle level 5-9
- Social studies 6-12*
- Special education K-12
*Natural Science requires an additional endorsement in either biology, chemistry, geology or physics. Social Studies requires an additional endorsement in either political science or history
Certification Outside of Idaho
If you are planning on teaching outside of Idaho, you must process your initial Idaho certification packet.
Postponing your Teaching Career
If you are not planning on entering the teaching profession right now, you still need to process your application after graduation*.
For candidates intending to delay the start of their teaching career or pursue non-teaching employment:
- Keep your certification current and review the requirements for the renewal of an Idaho Certificate.
*NOTE: In order to officially graduate from ISU as an Education major, you must complete ALL requirements for licensure (ISU policy). These requirements include passing all Praxis II tests. If you are unable to meet all licensure requirements at the time of your anticipated graduation from ISU, your only options are to delay graduation until you have met the requirements or change to a non-education major and meet the new major’s requirements.