Become a Teacher
Make a difference! Become a teacher. We prepare effective professional educators in Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls and online. We even have fast-track programs to allow you to serve your community while you learn. Discover opportunity + your passion = teaching!
Undergraduate Degrees – Standard Teaching Certificates
- Bachelor of Arts in Blended Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Bachelor of Music Education (see Department of Music in School of Performing Arts, College of Arts and Letters)
COE Recommendations for Standard Teaching Certificates
- Early Childhood Education/Early Childhood Special Education Blended Certificate (Birth-3)
- Standard Elementary Certificate (K-8)
- Standard Secondary Certificate (6-12)
- Standard Exceptional Child Certificate - Generalist (K-12)
Graduate Degrees to K-12 and Secondary Certificates
- Deaf Education
- Elementary Education
- Music Education (K-12)
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
Alternative Routes to Certification
The COE offers the MAT as an alternative route to certification through approved application packets and individualized Alternative Route plans. Contact the Idaho State Department of Education website and the COE Kent Student Support Center for information.
Add subject area endorsements by completing additional coursework in a content area prior to graduation or you can add endorsements to your existing Standard Secondary Certificate after graduation and initial certification. See the Idaho State Department of Education website for more information.