Resource Coordinator and English Instructor for the START program
Office: Office: Roy F. Christensen Building Room 262
Professional Work Experience
- State of Idaho Regional Facilitator for new CTE educators in region 3
- Assistant Professor of Surgical Technology at BSU then College of Western Idaho
- Clinical Coordinator of Surgical Technology College of Western Idaho
- Treasurer Idaho State Assembly of the Surgical Technologist
- Health Occupations Education Specialist and Instructor for the College of Western Idaho– 9 years
- Lifetree Adventures/Group Missions Trip Leader to Puerto Rico 3 consecutive years
- Certified as a Certified Surgical Technologist 2003
- Certified as a Professional Emotional Quotient Analyst CPEQA (TTI Success Insights)
- Certified as DISC Behavioral Analyst (TTI Success Insights)
- Continuing education in the Organizational Learning & Performance Graduate program.
One of my favorite professional experiences
While living in Shanghai, China I participated in a medical mission with Love Without Boundaries performing cleft lip surgeries to orphan Chinese babies to increase their chances of adoption.
I have also had the privilege of being a leader on 3 mission trips to Puerto Rico with Group International.
It pleasures me in knowing I have had such a rewarding career in the Operating Room assisting multiple surgeons in successful outcomes and being part of a team that improves the lives of others. Teaching at CWI allowed me to have a bigger impact on my community because every year I had 18 students that could reach more patients than I ever could do alone.
Presenting at National Conferences for the Association of Surgical Technology was also a highlight of my career. I was a lead presenter on:
- “Positional Leadership vs Self-Leadership: Finding Your Opportunity to Thrive"
- Co-presenter on “Research Findings – CSTs in the Workplace: Motivational Outlooks and Job Satisfaction’s Influence on Job Tenure”
- Co-presenter on “Teambuilding in the OR and Beyond”
While working at The College of Western Idaho, I was identified by leadership to participate in an 18-month leadership program (The Complete Leader, with Ron Price). During this time, I was able to develop 25 leadership competencies in this EMBA style program.
From this program, I developed new interests in Emotional Intelligence and DISC Behavioral Styles and I decided to become certified so that I can use the assessments from Target Training International (TTI). I am now a “Value Added Associate” which means I have access to the assessments which I use to coach and develop others that value self-improvement and I assist leaders that value developing their staff.