National Student Exchange
Participate in the National Student Exchange
How about spending a semester diving off the coast of Sitka, Alaska? Or studying active volcanoes in Hawai'i? Or, how about taking on an internship at a large marketing firm in New York City? Then you should consider the National Student Exchange program!
You can study for a semester or a year at one of nearly 200 campuses in the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, or Canada. You pay tuition either at ISU or the resident rate at the school you choose to go to. National Student Exchange is an affordable opportunity to:
- Access new and exciting courses
- Expand your research experience
- Explore and appreciate new cultures
- Investigate graduate schools
- Look for future employment
- Become more independent and resourceful
To be eligible for participation in the National Student Exchange, you must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better at time of application and exchange
- Be enrolled full time at time of application and exchange
- Be in good academic standing and no incomplete grades from previous terms
- No current or pending probationary status
- No outstanding financial obligations to ISU
- You must attend a Study Abroad/NSE information session before applying
The priority application deadline has passed, but there are still many campuses open for exchange for 2019-2020! To apply, you must do the following:
- Attend a Study Abroad/NSE information session or meet one-on-one with the NSE Coordinator, Amber Greening (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submit the NSE Application to Amber Greening, Rendezvous 333, and send this NSE Reference Form to your listed faculty or advisor reference.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $200, good for one academic year of exchange eligibility.*
If you have any questions throughout the process, be sure to reach out to Amber Greening (email@example.com)
*make checks payable to Student Opportunity Development, add "NSE" in the memo section
Study at one of our International Partner Schools
Go farther, and study away at one of our international partner universities. Similar to the National Student Exchange, Idaho State University's Study Abroad program provides you the opportunity to study in Europe, Asia, South America, and even Northern Africa, at ISU tution rates. You can keep your financial aid here but pay housing and living expenses in the country you visit. Choose from 10 different locations across the globe!
Visit the Study Abroad page to learn more. And be sure to attend a Study Abroad/NSE information session to learn about your options for exchange while at Idaho State University.