Meet Potential Employers at ISU Career Events
There are many opportunities to meet with potential employers on campus. The Career Center hosts several career fairs throughout the academic year and the different colleges and departments are constantly inviting industry partners to talk to their students.
For more information on upcoming events, check out the following:
Internships are a form of experiential learning that integrate knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships vary greatly from one organization and business to the next: they can be paid or unpaid, associated with academic credit (or not), and for a varied amount of time. As an intern you can gain valuable hands-on experience while evaluating your interests and planning your career goals. An internship can help you stand out from your peers and make you a more competitive job candidate once you graduate.
- Handshake - Login to access hundreds of internship listings from companies and non-profits across the country. Pay close attention to any listed Career Path Internship (CPI) positions. These are internships specifically for ISU students. They may be on campus, working with different faculty and staff, or they could be with community and regional partner organizations.
A Giant First Step on Your Career Pathway
ISU's Job Shadowing program connects students with organizational, industry, and agency partners in our community relevant to the students' major and/or long-term career goals. These flexible, short-term opportunities give students practical experience in their area of interest. Students may be involved with projects, attend meetings and events, and network with members of the organization. Most importantly, it's an opportunity for students to have questions answered and make connections that will help them start their professional journey.
Job Shadowing Benefits
Benefits to students
- Gain skills necessary for many internships and jobs
- Gain insight into a career or field of interest
- Connect with potential mentors or employers
Benefits to employers
- Connect and create relationships with ISU
- Establish pathways for recruitment
- Build networking opportunities with ISU alumni and departments
For more information, or to apply, contact Sariah Millis at email@example.com