National Student Exchange
Participate in the National Student Exchange
How about spending a semester diving off the coast of Sitka, Alaska? Or studying active volcanoes in Hawai'i? Or, how about taking on an internship at a large marketing firm in New York City? Then you should consider the National Student Exchange program!
You can study for a semester or a year at one of nearly 200 campuses in the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, or Canada. You pay tuition either at ISU or the resident rate at the school you choose to go to. National Student Exchange is an affordable opportunity to:
- Access new and exciting courses
- Expand your research experience
- Explore and appreciate new cultures
- Investigate graduate schools
- Look for future employment
- Become more independent and resourceful
To be eligible for participation in the National Student Exchange, you must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better at time of application and exchange
- Be enrolled full time at time of application and exchange
- Be in good academic standing and no incomplete grades from previous terms
- No current or pending probationary status
- No outstanding financial obligations to ISU
- You must attend a Study Abroad/NSE information session before applying
Apply by October 1 to exchange at select campuses for Sping 2020, or apply by February 21, 2020, to exchange for the 2020/2021 academic year. Steps to apply:
- Attend a Study Abroad/NSE information session or meet one-on-one with the NSE Coordinator, Amber Greening (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Apply online at https://nse.org/exchange/apply/. Be sure to upload an unofficial transcript and a completed NSE Reference Form from an ISU faculty or staff member.
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $200, good for one academic year of exchange eligibility.*
If you have any questions throughout the process, be sure to reach out to Amber Greening (email@example.com)
*make checks payable to Student Opportunity Development, add "NSE" in the memo section