Special Aid (Emergency) Scholarship
Idaho State University Special Aid Scholarship
Special Aid Scholarships Are Available For Only One Semester per Academic Year.
The ISU Special Aid Scholarship provides assistance for qualified ISU students who, due to legitimate emergency situations, are in danger of withdrawing from the University. Special Aid Scholarships are to help address short-term financial crises. Poor financial choices do not constitute an emergency (e.g. credit card debt, poor use of financial aid funding, loans to friends or family, etc.). This scholarship is not intended to supplement a student’s financial aid package and we cannot award funds beyond what a student’s aid package allows. Special Aid Scholarships will not be considered in the Summer Semester.
- Must be an undergraduate (seeking first degree) currently enrolled at Idaho State University.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (possess a green card).
- International Students may be considered upon recommendation from VP for Student Affairs/Director of Student Life and will be reviewed by the International Programs Office and Scholarship Office.
- Must have applied for Financial Aid and exhausted all loan, grants and scholarship funds available for that particular semester.
- Must be in good academic standing at ISU and meeting all Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. If you have concerns about the details of your financial aid package, please contact the Financial Aid Office directly : Financial Aid/Scholarships
- Scholarships may cover educational expenses (tuition, fees, room and board, books, etc.) and non-educational related expenses (food, utility bills, prescriptions, emergency travel, health insurance, medical bills, etc.) for the fall or spring semester the student has experienced an unexpected emergency.
- Eligible students must submit an ISU Special Aid Scholarship application. This application will be reviewed by the Vice President for Student Affairs/Director of Student Life and applicants will be required to meet with the appropriate student affairs staff member before a recommendation will be made to the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. Special Aid (Emergency) Scholarship Application
Phone: (208) 282-2794