Hello, and welcome from all of us here at ISU’s School of Performing Arts.
The School of Performing Arts (or SoPA, as we call ourselves sometimes) strives to be a leader in musical, theatrical, and dance-oriented performance and education for the Intermountain West.
In our departments within SoPA, we consistently endeavor to:
- Offer instruction of the highest quality and caliber, providing total access to the educational process
- Encourage the process of creative scholarship and serve the general body of learning through educational / performance / exhibit opportunities
- Foster academic growth through varied means of communication, analysis, and exploration
- Provide a series of diverse perspectives, while meeting the needs of a diverse student populace
- Prepare professionals for appropriate discipline-specific career paths
If you are a student, we hope that you might choose to become involved in one of our programs.
Remember – you don’t need to be a major or even a minor to participate in a show, performance ensemble, or course of interest.
If you are a member of the ISU community or region, we hope that you will come out to one of our many sponsored events. We are constantly showcasing quality performances in music, theatre, and dance, and we look towards you to inspire us with your presence so that we might continue to offer even more.
Otherwise, if you have any questions that you don’t see addressed here on our website please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
Dr. Thom Hasenpflug
Chair and Professor of Music