Social Work Program Goals
The goals of the social work program are to prepare students:
- For beginning generalist social work practice with individuals, families, small groups, organizations and communities (i.e.micro, mezzo and macro systems).
- To develop an identity which will incorporate the values, principles and ethics of the social work profession.
- As beginning social work generalists who link social research and social work practice.
- For lifelong learning and critical thinking through an educational process combining a liberal arts foundation and professional foundation.
- To work with diverse, vulnerable, oppressed and disadvantaged populations as well as advance human rights and social and economic justice.
Office: Kegel Liberal Arts 353
Phone: (208) 282-3369
Sociology, Social Work and Criminology
921 S. 8th Avenue, Stop 8114
Pocatello, ID 83209
(208) 282-3377 (social work)
We are located in the Kegel Liberal Arts Building #4 on the third floor