Course Sequence for Online Pre-Professional Program in Speech-Language Pathology
Catalog Year 2019/2020
|CSD 3310||Speech Science: The Acoustical Nature of Sound…||3 cr|
|CSD 3321||Clinical Phonetics and Phonology||3 cr|
|CSD 3330||Language Science||3 cr|
|CSD 3341||Audiometry and Hearing Science||3 cr|
|CSD 4405||Neuroscience for Communication Disorders||3 cr|
|CSD 3315||Clinical Processes: Pediatric (pre-reqs CSD 3321, 3330)||2 cr|
|CSD 3325||Speech Sound Development & Disorders (pre-req CSD 3321)||3 cr|
|CSD 3325L||Speech Sound Development & Disorders Lab||1 cr|
|CSD 3335||Language Development & Disorders (pre-req CSD 3330)||3 cr|
|CSD 3350||A & P of Speech and Swallow Mechanisms||3 cr|
|CSD 3350L||A & P of Speech and Swallow Mechanisms Lab||1 cr|
|CSD 4417*||Interdisciplinary Evaluation Team||1 cr|
|CSD 4445||Aural Rehabilitation||3 cr|
|CSD 4420||Clinical Processes: Adult||2 cr|
|CSD 4460||Educational Audiology||3 cr|
|CSD 4425**||SLP Methods and Applications (pre-reqs CSD 3315, 3325, 3335, 4420)||2 cr|
*If CSD 4417 is not taken during the Pre-Professional sequence, CSD 5517 (IET) is required at the graduate level.
**Optional course - not required but highly suggested.
- Prior to or during the Pre-Professional year, to be admitted to our graduate program, students must show evidence of having taken the following:
- Biological Sciences: At least a 100-level university course with a content area related to human or animal sciences: includes biology, human anatomy and physiology, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, human genetics, and veterinary science. Must be from a Biology department.
- Physical Sciences: At least a 100-level university course. Must be either Physics (recommended) or Chemistry
- Statistics: At least a 100-level university course. An acceptable description would include topics such as descriptive statistics, probability, inferential, correlation, regression, measures of central tendency, t-tests, ANOVA, and hypothesis testing for one and two parameters. The course may be under Math, Statistics, Psychology, or Business as long as it meets the above criteria. If your statistics course is older than 10 years, it is highly recommended you retake it.
- Social/Behavioral Sciences: At least a 100-level university course. Includes Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology.
A background in Sign Language is strongly encouraged. ISU does not currently offer Sign Language online; students are encouraged to seek courses within their communities. (There is not a specific course required, but basic sign language skills are beneficial to you as a communication professional.)
Successful completion of the Pre-Professional Program does NOT ensure the student a seat in the Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology Program. Students must apply by February 1st of the year he/she would like to enter the Master’s Program.
Contact Speech-Language Pathology
(208) 282-4196 Admin.
(208) 282-4544 Program Information
Idaho State Univ. - CSD
921 South 8th Ave, Stop 8116
Pocatello, Idaho 83209-8116