Applying to the Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology
Fall 2022 Cohort deadline is February 1, 2022
Regarding GRE's: The Idaho State University Speech-Language Pathology Program values diversity and resilience in our graduate students and future professionals. It was important that we eliminate any policies or procedures that could reduce access to our program or limit our review of deserving students from diverse backgrounds. Therefore, we have made the decision to no longer use or consider GRE scores in our admissions process. If you have questions related to this decision or the ISU Admissions process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL application materials including Letters of Recommendation and transcripts (including fall/winter grades if applicable), MUST be received by the February 1st deadline. Please follow the Master of Science in SLP Application Instructions carefully.
Within CSDCAS, submit either the Speech-Language Pathology Online Program or the Speech-Language Pathology Campus Program application. DO NOT submit both. Campus program applicants will have the option to select a first and second program choice within the application. Program options are the Pocatello campus and the Meridian campus. The Online Program may be selected as a second choice only. Online Program applicants may select a campus program for a second choice, but only if it is a viable option for you. Applicants must also apply to Idaho State University's graduate school. Application fees are assessed for both CSDCAS and the Graduate School applications.
Minimum requirements for consideration:
- A BS/BA in Communication Sciences or a BS/BA in another field and completion of the Master of Science in SLP pre-requisite coursework 2021/2022 application cycle. Communication Sciences & Disorders coursework cannot be older than 10 years from the date in which you would begin the Master's Program, if admitted. Please contact our department if your CSD coursework is older than 8 years to be sure we will accept it, as the majority of CSD coursework must be less than 8 years old.
- A GPA of 3.0 or better on the most recent 60 credits of coursework
- 3 letters of recommendation (at least 2 from college/university level instructors, academic or clinical), ISU CSD surveys completed by all recommenders, personal essay, and resume (all submitted through CSDCAS only)
- Both the CSDCAS and the Graduate School applications must be electronically submitted with fees paid by February 1 of the year in which you wish to enter the graduate program. ALL application materials including Letters of Recommendation and transcripts (including fall/winter grades if applicable) MUST be received by the February 1st deadline. Your CSDCAS application must show a status of 'Verified' by the February 1st deadline. The CSDCAS status 'Complete' is NOT 'Verified'. 'Verified' is the final application status. Please see the Master of Science in SLP Application Instructions for more details.
- Twenty-five (25) guided SLP observation hours of an ASHA certified clinician who has completed a minimum of two hours of continuing education in clinical supervision are necessary to meet ASHA requirements. These 'guided' observation hours are required and should be completed prior to beginning our graduate program. Documentation will be required at the beginning of the first fall semester. Please see asha.org for more information regarding guided observation hour requirements.
APPLY (The CSDCAS application and the Graduate School application can be completed concurrently):
- Apply to the Graduate School at Idaho State University (supplemental application, fees assessed)
- Your application must be submitted with fees paid by February 01, 2022 at midnight, MST (Mountain Standard Time).
- The 2021/2022 Graduate School application portal will open August 01, 2021.
- Contact the graduate school directly with application difficulties at email@example.com or 208-282-2150.
- Apply to CSDCAS, the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (application fee assessed) Carefully read the instructions for each section of the application before submitting.
- Your application must be submitted with fees paid by February 01, 2022 at midnight, EST (Eastern Standard Time). ALL application materials including Letters of Recommendation and transcripts (including fall/winter grades if applicable), must be received by the February 1st deadline.
- IMPORTANT: Your CSDCAS application must show a status of 'Verified' by the February 1st deadline. The CSDCAS status 'Complete' is NOT 'Verified'. 'Verified' is the final application status.
- The CSDCAS application portal opens Monday, August 01, 2021. CSDCAS Customer Service is available Monday thru Friday from 9am - 5pm EST, phone - (617) 612-2030. Help/FAQ
- 3 letters of recommendation, with at least 2 from college/university level instructors (academic or clinical), must be submitted directly to CSDCAS.
- IMPORTANT: IN ADDITION, references must also complete a short ISU CSD survey. This means that you will need to personally email this SURVEY LINK to each reference provider, explaining that the survey is part of the recommendation process.
- It is your responsibility to confirm your references receive the ISU CSD Recommender Survey, the reference request email, and that references have successfully submitted the recommendation letter to CSDCAS and completed the ISU CSD Recommender Survey.
- Do not send letters of recommendation to our department. Please read the instructions located on the CSDCAS website for details.
- Employment, related academic, volunteer experiences, work, internships
- Awards, certification areas and endorsements, honors
- Conferences attended
- Personal Essay
- In the Documents portion of the CSDCAS application, you are required to upload an essay in response to a specific question. The essay must be completed/uploaded prior to submitting your application. Instructions are provided in the Documents portion of the application.
- Optional – Apply for GTA and paid student worker positions. We expect to have some GTA positions available on each campus. We also have paid student worker positions. To be considered, you must complete the ‘Optional’ section in the CSDCAS application. These positions are not available for students in the online program.
- Send all college/university transcripts to both Idaho State University Graduate School and CSDCAS. It is very important that you follow application instructions for sending transcripts. Transcripts must be received by both CSDCAS and the Graduate School before your application will be considered for a seat in our program. Please see the Master of Science in SLP Application Instructions for more details.
CSDCAS application processing time can take up to 4 weeks, so please plan accordingly. Please check the status of your application often. It is your responsibility to confirm ALL application materials including Letters of Recommendation and transcripts (including fall/winter grades if applicable) are received by CSDCAS by the February 01, 2022. Your CSDCAS application must show as 'Verified' by the February 1st deadline. The CSDCAS status 'Complete' is NOT 'Verified'. 'Verified' is the final application status.
We strive to have first round admission decisions made by mid-March.
Questions can be directed to our department at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or 208-282-4544.