Sign Language Interpreting Application Information
- Completed at least 45 credits
- Taken the following program prerequisite courses:
- CSD 2205 Introduction to Professions in the Communication Sciences
- CSD 2249 Fingerspelling & Numbers
- CSD 2250 Introduction to the Interpreting Profession
- CSD 2256 Deaf Culture and Community (or an equivalent)
- CSD 2258 Language Acquisition in ASL
- Current ASL skill
- Grades received in program prerequisite courses (when applicable)
- Performance on the ISU SLI online Program Applicant Assessment (assessment guidelines)
- Cumulative GPA
- Recommendations from instructors of ASL classes (optional)
Information for the Fall 2023 Cohort
For the cohort beginning in Fall 2023, we are not charging a program application fee and are waiving our traditional requirement for an external ASL evaluation, saving applicants $140. Courses are taught at the Meridian campus. An on-site orientation is planned for all students to meet in Meridian, during August; final program internship locations will be discussed with the internship coordinator.
To apply for Fall 2023 cohort, please go to SLI Applicant Assessment and register for an account.
After registering, you can click to the 2023 SLI Applicant Assessment or scroll to it under the Miscellaneous classes section:
To begin, complete a Google form, which includes uploading your unofficial transcript to the form. Then, there are five tasks to complete. Each task may be done in a different setting, but your application is not finalized until the Google form and five tasks are finished.
To review what is expected for the assessment tasks, please refer to the guidelines document.
For additional information, please contact any of the following:
Program Director and Clinical Assistant Professor, Steven Stubbs email@example.com
Clinical Associate Professor, LaVona Andrew firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Associate Professor, Elizabeth Schniedewind email@example.com