Mission and Ventures
The mission of Southeast Idaho AHEC is to develop a diverse and sustainable health care workforce in rural and underserved communities in southeast Idaho.
- The AHEC Scholars Program – provides opportunities for students from clinical, behavioral and public health professions to work jointly in rural and underserved communities
- Inter-professional and continuing education - promote shared learning across disciplines
- Recruitment and retention - of high school students from rural and underserved communities into health professions strengthens our healthcare system and improves access
- Champion Southeast Idaho - highlights the benefits of living and working in Southeast Idaho
- Partnerships and collaboration - with area stakeholders improve strategic goals and ensure program success