Idaho State's COVID-19 Response
Information and Updates
In August 2022, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its COVID-19 guidance to focus on individuals assessing their own level of risk. At Idaho State, there are no quarantine requirements for exposure, and masks are optional at all campus locations and outreach centers.
To protect the health and safety of our campus community, we will continue to follow the latest CDC guidance.
August 11, 2022
- All individuals should assess their own level of risk and take any necessary steps to protect themselves.
- Colleges and universities have been removed from the list of places considered as high risk for congregate spread, meaning that students, faculty, and staff exposed to COVID-19 do not need to quarantine.
- Individuals who may be exposed but have no symptoms should wear a high-quality mask for 10 days after exposure, and test on day six.
- The CDC recommends screening for high-risk activities, before or after large activities, and after returning from holidays or spring break.
- Symptomatic or infected individuals should isolate for five days. Infected individuals may end isolation after five days if their symptoms have improved and they do not have a fever for 24 hours. Infected individuals should wear a high-quality mask for 10 days after the start of symptoms, or if asymptomatic, 10 days after their positive COVID test.
- The updated guidance, which Idaho State University will closely follow, reflects a focus on individuals making their own decisions about their level of risk and mitigating that risk.
Guidance to help you make informed decisions to prevent severe COVID-19
- Know your risk
- Protect yourself
- Take action if exposed
- Take action if you are sick or test positive
COVID-19 Cases Dashboard
Number of confirmed cases in the campus community
Metrics are updated on Wednesdays
The COVID-19 vaccine is available free of charge at Bengal Pharmacy
The University's operational response
Based on the CDC's Community Levels
COVID-19 Screening Program
On-campus COVID-19 screening process for the Bengal community
COVID-19 Self-Reporting Form
Symptoms, exposure, and test result self-reporting form