Math Leadership Network
A helping community for current teacher leaders, administrators, coaches, and curriculum developers to meet and learn from one another. The Math Leadership Network (MLN) will offer 3 program options for participants to get together and build capacity for working with colleagues to improve mathematics achievement in their local contexts. At this time we are only offering the Focus Group program option.
- Consider current trends in mathematics education
- Flexible discussion groups around topics
- 1 Optional PD Credit Available
2020-2021 Focus Groups
A group of teacher leaders, coaches, and administrators who meet for structured half-day meetings. Participants consider current trends in mathematics education and form flexible discussion groups around topics. Participants may attend one or all of the three sessions.
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 9:00-3:00, Idaho Falls
- Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 9:00-3:00, Idaho Falls
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 9:00-3:00, Idaho Falls
(Optional Credit) Requirements
1. Attend all three Focus Group Meetings AND implement one Focus Group Activity within your building or district and submit a reflection response.
2. Attend two Focus Group meetings AND implement two Focus Group activities within your building or district and submit a reflection response for each activity.
Complete a reflection of your implementation by typing a response to all of the following prompts:
- Which Focus Group activity did you implement?
- What worked well in your implementation efforts?
- What was the biggest challenge in your implementation efforts?
- What would you change the next time that you offered this session?