Application Process, Eligibility, and Interview Dates
We are anticipating our first year of residents to start residency in July 2019. The Rural Track is in the process of seeking accreditation from Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, ACGME. Once the approval is received in October 2018 we will began to accept applicants. The Rexburg Rural Track will participate in the National Resident Matching Program. First-year applicants interested in applying should apply through the Electronic Residency Applications Service, ERAS. Foreign medical school graduates must contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, which will assist them in their ERAS application. The deadline for application is January 1st.
- Only applications transmitted through ERAS will be accepted. Applications sent any other way will not be reviewed.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (no Visas or EADs)
- Medical School must be licensable in the State of Idaho. Check with your medical school or the Idaho State Board of Medicine to determine this information
- No more than one exam failure (USMLE and/or COMLEX)
- Must have graduated from medical school within the last three years
- ERAS Requirements:
- ERAS application form
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Medical School Performance Evaluation
- USMLE/COMLEX steps I, II, and CSA/PE scores reported by February 15th.
Pocatello interviews are all day Tuesday and Rexburg interviews are on Wednesday morning.
October 16-17, 23-24, 30-31
November 6-7, 13-14, 27-28
December 4-5, 11-12
Expressing Interest in the Rural Training Track
If interested in applying to the Rural Training Track, submit an email to RexburgRTT@isu.edu expressing your interest. Once accreditation is granted, we will contact you. If you are applying to the ISU Family Medicine Residency base program, make sure to let us know when invited for an interview and we will incorporate the RTT into that schedule. We will subsequently contact you once we are aware of accreditation at which time you can formally apply through ERAS.
Apply to the Rural Training Track
We cannot accept a Rural Training Track application until after we receive our accreditation notification, mid October 2018. We will hold interviews as early as October 16, 2018 pending accreditation.
Patients can contact us:
Open 7 days a week - 8:00am to 8:00pm
21 Winn Drive
Rexburg, ID 83440
Open Monday through Friday - 8:00am - 5:00pm