Agency & COGR Guidance
Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
National Science Foundation (NSF)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH COVID-19 Homepage
- Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients
- Travel and Meetings
- Emergency Updates
- NCI CIRB
Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW)
Council on Governmental Relations (COGR)
- Institutional and Agency Responses to COVID-19 and Additional Resources
- FAQs Regarding COVID-19's Impact on Federal Awards
- Identify emergency personnel and ensure they know what to do in the event of suspended operations. Have a continuity of operations plan*
- Remind lab personnel of your communication plan or create one if not in place
- Identify priorities in case of restricted access
- Ensure remote access to files, data, servers, etc.
- Prioritize experiments
- Plan for remote proposal submission
- Check travel restrictions before making travel plans.
- Follow social distancing of 10 feet. You may need to re-arrange your lab layout and lab work schedule to accommodate this.
- Practice extra cleaning procedures. Clean all touch-points regularly.
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment. If you are not able to secure the PPE you need, reconsider performing research in the lab.
*Some information to include in a laboratory continuity of operations plan:
- Names of those working in the lab and contact information
- Critical functions of the operation of the lab
- Essential operations/research, etc.
- What is to be maintained/sustained no matter what.
- Location and what is needed to sustain (electricity, water, regular feeding, etc.)
We are all aware of the shortage of Personal Protective Gear (masks, gloves). Remember, even in a time of crisis, you must use proper PPE in your lab.
Visit this helpful website providing additional information with links to other university research COVID-19 webpages:
Research Outreach & Compliance (ROC)
Contact Our Office:
Research Outreach & Compliance
Export Control Officer
1651 Alvin Ricken Drive, Room 107
Pocatello, ID 83201
921 S. 8th Ave., Stop 8286
Pocatello, ID 83209-8286