STEM Diversity & Outreach
The STEM Diversity and Outreach office aims to increase the participation of students in research that are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
To accomplish our goal - we mentor, advocate, and introduce students to hands-on research career opportunities. We provide support services to programs that cultivate environments where people are valued and recognized. Our focus is on High-Impact Practices in higher education that increase the attraction, retention, and graduation of historically underserved populations.
We provide community outreach support for faculty who seek to broaden their research impact.
We foster collaborative partnerships with industry stakeholders, national support groups and engage with the local and regional community in strategic initiatives that serve to benefit society.
STEM Activities and Leadership Opportunities
Magdalena Alba-Argomaniz presented her research at the Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
STATE RESEARCH CONFERENCES AND ISU EVENTS:
- Idaho Conference on Undergraduate Research 2021, July 21-22, 2021 ICUR VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
- Idaho INBRE 2021 - Biomedical Research ConferenceJuly 26th through 28th, 2021 in Moscow, IDAHOINBRE
- GEM3 Undergraduate Research Internships Internships
- Migrant Summer Institute, July 22, at the ISU Campus, STEM workshop from 1 to 2 pm. Wood River
- MIgrant Summer Institute, July 27th, at the ISU campus, please contact Juanita Gonzalez for further information (email@example.com
- Amigas, Let's Chat - from 10-2 pm. Idaho Women's Business Center, standby for further details.
- Idaho State University Indigenous People's Day, standby for more details.
- Idaho Commission On Hispanic Affairs Youth Leadership Summit, October 19, 2021, at ISU, Register now! REGISTRATION
NATIONAL STEM CONFERENCE OPPORTUNITIES:
- AISES, Native Americans in Engineering and Science, September 23-25, Phoenix, AZ - AISES CONFERENCE
- SACNAS, October 25-29 - Virtual - SACNAS CONFERENCE
- ABRCMS (The annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students) November 10-13 - Virtual ABRCMS
- SHPE, Hispanics in Engineering and Science, November 10-14, Orlando, Florida SHPECONFERENCE
SACNAS at Idaho State University is the first recognized student chapter in Idaho, Click to become a member.
The Native American Student Council at Idaho State University
Student Achievements and Leadership
SACNAS Student Officers 2020-2021, President - Joselynn Castillo center - from left, Berenice Sosa-Aispuro, Sebastian Madrigal, Kaycee Dixey
IN THE SPOTLIGHT:
The Society for the Advancement of Hispanics and Native Americans in Science ISU Student Chapter Receives - ISU Student Organization Leadership Award 2020 and Student Organization of the year! Contact SACNAS at ISU to join for opportunities in leadership and national networking!
Joselynn Castillo, SACNAS President 2020-2021
Milissa Rivas - has been selected for the Welcome Initiative Award student membership to the Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology, 2020-2021, UCLA Department of Integrative Biology and Physiology.
Our students are taking their acquired skills and impacting their communities and the world.
Adolfo Andazola-Carmona providing his expert leadership at Guerrero Surgery and Education Center
Idaho National Laboratory Applications for Summer Internships are now open.
INL internships are about gaining experience - visit their INTERNSHIPS page for details.
Contact Sonia Martinez at ISU with questions - 208-282-1323.
Find Student Resources
Find Faculty Resources
Are you Looking for students to fill internships in STEM-related fields?
Contact Office for Diversity & Outreach - we connect students with industry and community partners!
Sonia Martinez, MPA
Office: STEM Diversity & Outreach Office
Located in the Business & Technology Center
1651 Alvin Ricken Dr., Room 107D
or by appointment on main campus