CITI Training Animal Use Modules
The Laboratory Animal Welfare modules can be reached using your ISU email account on the CITI website.
Follow these steps:
1. Register for CITI online training. (www.citiprogram.org)
2. In the “Select Your Institution or Organization” drop-down box type "Idaho State University".
3. Create your own Username and password;
4. Next select the Laboratory Animal Welfare Learner Group
5. Then select Question 6 for the Laboratory Animal Welfare Curriculum.
You must check the options which apply to the research animal use in which you will be involved to ensure completion of the CITI training needed for Animal Facility use. See the tip sheets below.
If you don't know which animals you will use, or need to complete training for, you must ask your PI or instructor.
6. ALSO GO TO QUESTION 8 AND SELECT “NOT AT THIS TIME.”
7. Research Outreach & Compliance is automatically notified when you successfully complete a course.
CITI Training Laboratory Animal Welfare Tip Sheets
CITI Program Instructions for Animal Users
Once you've reached question 6 when adding a course in CITI, please do the following:
- If you are a faculty member you need to complete the "Researchers" training
- If you are a student, you will need to complete the "Students Working with Animals" module
- Both faculty and students conducting field research will need to complete the "Wildlife Research" module
- Faculty and students are encouraged to take the "Post Approval Monitoring (PAM)" module but it is NOT required.
- Lastly, choose any species specific modules that apply to your research
The Animal Facility does require one on one training with our Attending Veterinarian prior to any surgical procedures being done by students.
Please contact the IACUC Coordinator, Tom Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-282-2179) if you have any questions.