Idaho State University Animal Care Facility
What happens here?
The Animal Facility is the location for maintaining non-human research subjects in a clean, disease-free and continuously managed environment.
At ISU, Animal Care
- needs are met and exceeded–physical, social and psychological
- occurs on an individual basis to optimize their health and welfare
- standards and practice are improved through assessment and revision
The Facility is
- available to Investigators who have completed, and had approved, an Animal Use & Care Protocol form
- staffed by full-time ISU personnel prepared to
- answer questions or concerns about animal care
- help you gain access to the facility
- handle your Research Animal Order Form for animals for a per diem rate fee
The Animal Facilities Manager (AFM) is
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Animal Care Facility and its staff
- Your primary point of contact for the Facility
Contact the AFM at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 282-3895.
Complete your Request for animal purchases with a Research Animal Order Form .
We provide customer service with
- open lines of communication with the Investigator and Assistants to resolve issues
- prompt response to the needs of the Investigator and educators.
We support quality academic and research environment by
- Assisting investigators through knowledgeable staff
- Assisting investigators to balance their research parameters with the requirements of the
- Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare at NIH, as published in the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Animal Welfare Act (through the USDA Animal Care Blue Book)