Working with Animals
Researchers wanting to perform research with animals should understand these two facets:
- The Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee (IACUC), which administers the use of research animals
- The ISU Animal Facility where research animals may be housed and studied at ISU
COVID-19 ACCESS to the Animal Care Facility
During the Roaring Back response to COVID-19 the Animal Care Facility Staff working in the facility between 8:00 am and 11:00 am Monday thru Friday. Please use Facility phone number and email to reach them at other times.
Researchers please check animals and perform your work after 11:00 am as much as possible to support physical distancing.
These guidelines are in place to ensure staff and researcher safety in support of continued animal research.
- Only approved personnel working under protocols are allowed in the facility at this time
- Please limit to only 3 to 4 people in all animal rooms at a time
- New personnel can be added following approval through the IACUC and training
- If you are feeling sick or unwell do not come into the animal facility
Animal care technicians are in the facility from 7:30 am to 11 am; please plan on working outside of these hours whenever possible
These guidelines are in place to try to ensure peoples safety and to continue to do animal research
Thank you for following these guidelines, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Shelley Knight or Mia Benkenstein via email or cell phone.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Shelley Knight or Mia Benkenstein via cell phone or email@example.com email, subject line: ACF Access.