Record Coordinator Training February 2018
Record Coordinator training will be held this month in the REND 215 computer lab on the following dates/times:
Wednesday, February 21, 2018 from 8:45-11:45am
Wednesday, February 28, 2018 from 8:45-11:45am
If you have never attended Record Coordinator training or would like to refresh your record management skills then please sign up for one of the classes by contacting the University Records Manager at email@example.com
Each department is required to designate a Records Coordinator (RC) to be responsible for local records activities and is required to notify the University Records Manager (RM) to new or changing assignments as they occur.
The RC is responsible for assisting the RM in implementing an effective records program within their department/area. The RC is the records liaison representative for their department/area and may speak or act with full authority within the organization. At a minimum, there should be one RC in every department. However, departments may appoint more than one RC.
Qualifications for Records Coordinators
- Permanent employees (no students or temporary workers) and have knowledge of the work and responsibilities of their assigned department or area(s.
- Be authorized to work with the records of all personnel (staff and faculty) in their department/area
Duties of the Record Coordinator
- Answers employee’s records disposition and inventory questions
- Develops and/or reviews files plans at least annually and submits them to the RM for approval
- Conducts periodic inventories necessary to validate files plans and identify new records series (new types of records not identified in University Record Control Schedules)
- Coordinates the approval for the disposal of records in their area of coverage
- Maintains documentation on disposed records, records retirements and transfers, retrievals, and files plans
- Plans orderly disposition of inactive records in compliance with the Idaho Records Manual, ISU policies, and both state and federal regulations
- Ensures that records eligible for storage at the SRC are packed in NARA record boxes and that record shipment forms are properly prepared
- Identifies new or revised records series and recommends retention and disposal time frames to the RM
- Brings other issues or concerns to the attention of the RM
How to Appoint Records Coordinators
To appoint a records coordinator, please fill out Record Coordinator Appointment form. Please complete the entire form, sign and return it to the University Records Management office at mail stop 8410.
ISU Record Coordinator Directory
The Records Coordinator Directory contains the names, emails, and phone numbers of all ISU Record Coordinators. The primary purpose of this directory is to allow University personnel to identify and contact department/area Record Coordinators.