Independent Contractor Fee Payment Request
Independent Contractor Payment Request Form is not intended to be used in lieu of or as a substitute for payroll forms.
Independent Contractor Payment Request Form should be used for the following:
- Consulting fees payable to an individual or organization under an agreement to provide professional services.
- Independent services where individuals or organizations agree to provide services at a stated price or rate.
- Guest lecturers and performer fees.
- Honorary payments made on a special and non-routine basis to an individual that is not an employee of the University to
recognize outstanding achievement, or acknowledge gratuitous service to the University.
Required Documentation for US Residents
- Completed W9
- Formal signed contract from Legal on file within the Department.
- Payments $1000+ must have the formal signed contract or engagement letter attached to the Independent Contractor Payment Request Form.
Required Documentation for Non-Resident Aliens
- If the payment is exempted by a tax treaty, the non-resident alien must provide the University with a
completed and signed IRS Form 8233, Instructions for Form 8233.
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT
Federal Grant Funded Procurements:
Idaho State University has delayed the implementation of the Uniform Guidance Procurement Standards until July 1, 2018, as provided by the waiver of the procurement rules stated in Section 200.110 of the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR Part 200). In the interim, Idaho State University will follow the previous procurement standards according to OMB Circular A-110.