What is a Direct Payment Request (DPR)?
The Direct Payment Request (DPR) is to be used when submitting payment directly to a Vendor/Supplier without a purchase order. Payments to Vendor/Supplier may be processed via the Direct Payment process when there is no need to obtain a purchase order, Pcard cannot be used or if it does not fall under ISU's Policy guidelines for Contracting & Procurement. Whenever possible, these types of payments should be made via a PCard for cost savings to the University.
A completed W9 must be on file with Accounts Payable prior to submitting the DPR to Accounts Payable.
Each DPR must have all signatures including the contact person, accounting director on the index being charged, and the appropriate UBO. Any DPR without a proper signature will be returned to the department.
Employees may not request and approve a payment for themselves. The DPR will need to be approved by another delegated person with approving authority.
When Can I use a DPR?
- Payment to speakers, entertainers, and artists where total payment is $3000 or less *
- Reimbursement to employees for incidental expenses **
- Participant support costs
- Awards or stipends to students
- Memberships and organizational dues
- Subscription (except maintenance subscription)
- Payment of professional licenses/fees
- One time payments for services $100 or less
- Refill of postage meter
- Federal Express charges
- Insurance premiums
- Petty cash/change fund reimbursements
- Employee conference registration within work location(no travel involved)
- Moving expenses
- Pre-payments and deposit
- Payment for licenses or permits
- Donations and contributions
- Recruitment/interview expenses ***
- Game officials
- Tournament entry fees
- Reimbursement of travel expenses for non-employees when only travel is involved
*Payments to speakers, entertainers and artists must include Independent Contractor Fee Payment Only Request Form signed by the individual being paid.
**Any reimbursement must have original receipts. One of the forms below must be attached with documents.
- Business Meal/Entertainment Reimbursement Form - The University may pay or reimburse properly documented business meals where the primary purpose is a business discussion. Business meals are those where an ISU employee discusses University business with a non-employee or another employee over breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Business meals should be accounted for by the employee who paid for the expenditure. IRS rules on substantiation of business expenses require a itemized receipts,
documentation of the time, date, place, business purpose, and attendees at the meals. The University cannot
reimburse business meal expenses that lack proper documentation or a clear business purpose.
- Request for Reimbursement -All reimbursements except entertainment, food, meals, and/or meeting expenses.
***Recruitment/Interview reimbursement must have original receipts and a completed Recruitment Reimbursement Request Form.
Administration Building, Room 114
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. MT
Federal Grant Funded Procurements:
Idaho State University has delayed the implementation of the Uniform Guidance Procurement Standards until July 1, 2018, as provided by the waiver of the procurement rules stated in Section 200.110 of the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR Part 200). In the interim, Idaho State University will follow the previous procurement standards according to OMB Circular A-110.