- It is a crime to enter someone's residence or office without permission, regardless of whether the door is locked or not.
- Avoid leaving notes on your door indicating that you are out for the night or out of town for the weekend.
- Keep a written record of all personal valuables, including descriptions and serial numbers. It is evidence that the property is yours.
- Immediately report any malfunctioning doors or windows to the appropriate maintenance personnel.
- If you arrive home or to your office to find an unexplained open or broken window or door, please do not enter, touch anything, or confront someone in the room or the building. Note the descriptions of any suspicious persons and write down the license plate numbers of any suspicious vehicles. Immediately contact Public Safety or the local police.
- If at any time you observe someone acting in a suspicious manner near campus buildings or attempting to enter residences or offices, please contact Public Safety immediately.
- Do not post your whereabouts on social media.\
- Do not advertise valuables you own to friends or acquaintances.
- If you leave your residence or work space and will not be returning, ensure someone locks your door.