Suspicious Letter and Package Indicators
Treat it as suspect!
- Never accept mail, especially packages, at your home in a foreign area.
- Make sure family members and clerical staff know to refuse all unexpected mail at home or office.
- Remember - It May Be Anthrax or a Bomb.
Suspicious Letter & Parcel Recognition Points(Anthrax or Bomb)
- Excessive Postage
- Incorrect Titles
- Titles but No Names
- Misspellings of Common Words
- Oily Stains or Discolorations
- No Return Address
- Excessive Weight
- Rigid Envelope
- Lopsided or Uneven Envelope
- Protruding Wires or Tinfoil
- Visual Distractions
- Foreign Mail, Air Mail and Special Delivery
- Restrictive Markings such as Confidential, Personal, etc.
- Hand Written or Poorly Typed Addresses
- Excessive Securing Material such as Masking Tape, String, etc.
Public Safety: (208) 282-2911 | Parking: (208) 282-2625
Bengal Card Services: (208) 282-3618