In the Event of an Earthquake
Stay calm. Your greatest threat is from falling objects, electrical power lines and gas lines. Get Out from under it, away from it, or go around it.
If you are Indoors
- During Earthquakes, drop to the floor, take cover under a sturdy table or desk and hold onto it firmly.
- Be prepared to move with it until the shaking stops.
- If you are not near a desk or table, drop to the floor against the interior wall and protect your head and neck with your arms.
- Avoid exterior walls, windows, hanging objects, mirrors, tall furniture, large appliances, and kitchen cabinets with heavy objects or glass.
- Do not go outside!
If you are Outdoors
- Move to a clear area if you can safely do so; avoid power lines, trees, signs, buildings, vehicles, and other hazards.
- If in an automobile, stop in the safest place available, away from power lines and trees.
- Stop as quickly as safety permits, but stay in the vehicle for the shelter it offers.
After an Earthquake
After the initial shock, evaluate the situation and if emergency help is necessary, call Public Safety at 282-2515.
Be prepared for aftershocks.
Public Safety: (208) 282-2911 | Parking: (208) 282-2625
Bengal Card Services: (208) 282-3618