Process to Apply for the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
Step 1: Apply through PTCAS
Apply through PTCAS, before October 1st:
- Register and apply with Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS).
- Send transcripts to PTCAS. Transcripts must be hard copies; official transcripts submitted digitally will not be accepted.
- When filling in the coursework section of the application be sure to enter courses in progress and courses that will be taken in future semesters. Failure to include these courses will lead to an "Incomplete" application.
- Submit three letters of recommendation to PTCAS.
- 2 letters of reference must be from licensed PTs who have directly observed you in the clinic either as a volunteer/observation hours or as an employee.
- 1 letter must be from either an academic professor, instructor, or advisor.
- Submit Physical Therapy experience/observation verification forms to PTCAS.
- Submit your official GRE Scores to PTCAS.
- You need experience from 2 different facilities with a total of 80 hours.
Step 2: Apply to ISU Graduate School
- Submit your application for graduate studies to the Idaho State University Graduate School. Further Admission requirements for international applicants may be found in the Graduate Catalog.
- The Graduate School application requires uploading transcripts. Follow the instructions given within the application in regards to what kind of transcripts and how to upload them.
- Pay Graduate School application fee by October 1st. Failure to pay the fee by the by October 1st will disqualify your application - no exceptions will be made.
- Submit official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores to the ISU Graduate School. Idaho State University's code for GREs is 4355
- Have official transcripts sent to the Graduate School by December 15th.
NOTE: At the time of application, transcripts submitted through the Graduate School application may be unofficial, however certain features must be present for them to be accepted, including The student's name, the institution's wordmark or logo in the header, courses, credits, terms, grades, and the date(s) of any awarded degrees.
Students will be required to send the Graduate School a set of official transcripts from all institutions attended immediately after the student has been accepted to the program.
Questions about applying to the DPT program? Email email@example.com or call Megan Robertson at (208) 373-1733.
Printer Friendly Version of How to Apply