Frank Harmon, Ph.D
Idaho Accelerator Center
- Ph.D., 1968, Physics, University of Wyoming (NASA Trainee)
- M.S., 1965, Physics, University of Wyoming (Petroleum Research Fellow)
- B.S., 1963, Physics, Portland State University
- 1994 - present: Director, Idaho Accelerator Center
- 1983 - 1997: Chair, Department of Physics, Idaho State University
- 1991 - 1992: Acting Director, Particle Beam Laboratory, ISU
- Spring 1990: Sabbatical leave at University of Münster, Germany
- 1981 - present: Professor of Physics, ISU
- 1973 - 1980: Associate Professor, ISU
- 1972 - 1977: Chair, Department of Physics, ISU
- 1969 - 1973: Assistant Professor, ISU
- 1968 - 1969: Research Associate-Associate Instructor (Post Doctoral appointment) Physics Department, University of Utah
Major Areas of Interest
- Magnetic Resonance Techniques applied to the study of molecular motion in condensed phases.
- Design and development of scientific instrumentation.
- Generation of charged particle and proton beams, and their application to material analysis and material modification.
- Nuclear measurements and radiation applications.
Selim, F.A., D.P. Wells, J.F. Harmon, W. Scates, J. Kwofie, R. Spaulding, S.P. Duttagupta, J.L. Jones, t. White and T. Roney, Doppler Broadening Measurements of Positron Annihilation Using Bremsstrahlung Radiation, 11th International Positron Conference, Sante Fe, NM, July, 2001. (Accepted for publication in Nucl. Instr. Meth. B, 2002)
Wells, D.P., F.A. Selim, J.F. Harmon, W. Scates, J. Kowfie, R. Spaulding, S.P. Duttagupta, J.L. Jones, T. White and T. Roney, Development of Accelerator-Based X-ray Fluorescence for Large Sample Assay, 40th Intrnational Denver X-ray Conference, Steamboat Springs, CO, July 2001. (To be published in Advances in X-ray Analysis, Volume 45 (2002).
D.P. Wells, J.L. Jones, W.Y. Yoon and F. Harmon, "Cabinet-Safe" Study of 1-8 MeV Electron Accelerators, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A 463, 118 (2001).
D.P. Wells, J.F. Harmon, W.W. Scates and R. Spaulding, A Test of the Exponential Decay Law by Photo-Production of Nuclear Isomers, 16th International Conference on the Application of Accelerators in Research and Industry CAARI 2000, AIP Press, Denton, TX (2001)
Chouffani, K., Wells, D.P., Harmon, J.F., Optical Transition Radiation from Copper, Aluminum and Silicon Crystals, Preceedings of the 21st ICFA Beam Dynamics International Conference on Colliding Beamsn, Brookhaven, NY (2001)
Wells, D.P., Kwofie, J.E. Selim, F., Harmon, J.F., and Scates, W., Accelerator-Based X-Ray Fluorescence (AXRF) for Waste Assays and Environmental Applications, Health Physics 80, S114 (2001)
Scates, W., Harmon, J.F., Nigg, D., Harker, Y., and Wells, D.P., Monte Carlo Investigation of Photo-Neutron Sources for Boron Neutron Capture Therapy, Health Physics 80, S108 (2001)
Chouffani, K., Wells, D.P., Harmon, J.F., Endo, I., Uberall, H., Axial Coherent Breamsstrahlung of Type A in a Diamond Crystal, Radiation from Relativistic electron Beams, Periodic Structures, Laye Aya, Russia (2001)
D.P. Wells, F. Harmon, J.L. Jones, Development of Cabinet-Safe Accelerator Technology, Health Physics, 78(6), S80 (2000)
D.P. Wells, J.L. Jones, W. Yoon and F. Harmon, Development of Cabinet-Safe Accelerator Technology for Environmental Applications, The International Chemical Congress of Pacific Basin Societies, Pacific-Chem 2000.
Anton P. Tonchev, Douglas P. Wells, James L. Jones, Frank Harmon, Application of Unconventional X-ray Resonance Fluorescence for Subsurface Science, The International Chemical Congress of Pacific Bsin Societies, Pacific-Chem 2000