The Department of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences (BPSCI) at Idaho State University (ISU) College of Pharmacy offers Graduate Programs (Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy) in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, designated by Idaho State Board of Education. The mission of our graduate programs is to train and prepare students to succeed in one of the three main biomedical and pharmaceutical research focus areas: Drug Discovery, Pharmaceutics, and Pharmacology. The Department spans across the ISU Sam and Aline Skaggs Health Science Center in Boise (state capitol) - metropolitan Meridian and the ISU Pocatello campus.
Career opportunities for individuals with a graduate degree in Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences include positions in academia (both research and teaching), pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, and government regulatory and research agencies.
April 1st for fall semester enrollment; and November 1st for spring semester enrollment, or the following Monday should these dates fall on a weekend. The deadline for international students is June 1st for the fall semester enrollment and October 1 for spring semester enrollment.
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- Personal statement of interest describing career goals and areas of research interest;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- Baccalaureate degree or above in a related field with a GPA of at least 3.0 in the last two years, Official transcripts are required;
- Official GRE Scores with a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections and at least 50th percentile in one of the GRE sections (verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing);
- Students from countries where English is not the first language must demonstrate proficiency in the English language with a minimum score of 80 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an overall score of 6.5 on the Academic Examination of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
All applicants should refer to the Idaho State University graduate catalog for instructions before completing an application. http://coursecat.isu.edu/graduate/graduateadmissions/
Online application is available at https://isu.edu/apply/graduate/
Contact Us Today
ISU College of Pharmacy BPSCI Graduate Programs
Attn: Prof. Danny Xu, Director of Graduate Programs and Admissions
1311 E Central Drive
Meridian ID 83642-7991
Phone: (208) 373-1832