For every pound of food we distribute, we provide one person with one meal. For every $1 received in cash donations, we are able to purchase 2 pounds of food, therefore providing an individual with two meals. $1 = 2 pounds = 2 meals
Spring 2016 High-Demand Items:
- Breakfast items (cereal, oatmeal, cream of wheat, cream of rice)
- Healthy snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
- Whole grains (rice, pasta, etc.)
- Baking and cooking items (flour, sugar, oil, spices, condiments)
- Diapers and wipes
Benny’s Pantry accepts nonperishable food and personal care items. We cannot accept fresh food or expired items.
We accept these items:
- Canned or dried vegetables, fruit, and tomatoes
- Rice, pasta, and grains
- Breakfast food (cereal, oatmeal, granola bars, etc.)
- Snack items (nuts, crackers, fruit snacks, etc.)
- Chef Boyardee, Spaghetti-Os, etc.
- Hamburger Helper, Stuffing
- Baking and cooking ingredients
- Personal care products (deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc.)
- Infant Formula
- Baby/Toddler Food and Snacks
- Diapers and wipes
We do not accept these food items:
- Expired food
- Dented or damaged cans or packages
- Fresh food (produce, bread, meat, etc.)
- Partially used products
Donations can be dropped off in the Pond Student Union Building at Benny’s Pantry (First floor, room 120), the Campus Connection Desk (main floor), or the LEAD Center (3rd floor).
Please contact us if you are interested in hosting a food drive or donating large quantities of food.
Tax-deductible monetary donations can be made on behalf of Benny’s Pantry through the ISU Foundation. Benny’s Pantry will continue to thrive with the support of cash donations, which allow us to purchase high-demand items as needed for distribution. We can buy these items in bulk and choose items that expire at a later date. Monetary donations go a long way to care for our community. In the short time since the Pantry’s opening, we see a minimum (and rising) need for $500 in monthly cash donations in order to stock full shelves of nutritious food for our customers.