How ISU Uses Information:
The University may use and disclose Personal Sensitive Information and other Personal Information as follows:
- Consent: With consent to do so, unless the GDPR permits such data to be collected and processed without consent.
- Emergency Circumstances: When necessary if, in ISU’s sole judgment, the individual is physically or legally incapable of providing consent and/or such disclosure is necessary to protect the health, safety, or property of any individual;.
- Parents and Guardians: When necessary because of an emergency or to complete the admissions/financial aid process.
- Employment Necessity: When necessary for administering employment or social security benefits in accordance with applicable law, subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- Charitable Organizations: With the ISU Foundation and other organizations in connection with charitable giving, subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- Public Information: If the individual has clearly made it public.
- Archiving: For archiving purposes in the public interest, and for historical research, and statistical purposes.
- Legal Obligation: When the disclosure is required or permitted by international, federal, and state laws and regulations.
- Contractual Obligation: When the disclosure is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the individual is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- Service Providers: When a third party has entered into a contract with the University to support the administration of University operations and policies, subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent further unauthorized disclosure.
- University Affiliated Programs: With parties that are affiliated with the University for the purpose of contacting individuals about goods, services, charitable giving, or experiences that may be of interest to that individual.
- De-Identified and Aggregate Information: In de-identified or aggregate form without limitation.