- IS ORIENTATION MANDATORY?
- WHAT DO I DO IF I NEED SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS?
- WHAT IF I CANNOT ATTEND NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION?
- HOW DO I PAY MY NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION FEE?
- CAN I BRING MY PARENTS AND GUESTS?
First Year Questions
- AM I REQUIRED TO HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE?
- WHERE DO I GET MY STUDENT ID CARD?
- HOW MUCH DOES A STUDENT COMPUTER ACCOUNT COST?
- WHAT IS ISU EMAIL?
Is Orientation mandatory?
The Pre-Orientation module is required of all entering freshmen and transfer students. Information related to the module will be emailed to students directly at their ISU email address.
New Student Orientation (the live program held at each campus) is required of all incoming new freshmen in the Fall Semester of 2020, and is designed to support the academic and social transition of our newest Bengals into the ISU family. You will interact with Orientation Leaders, enjoy meals with faculty, and learn more about student support services of ISU. New Student Orientation also includes Advising and Registration of your fall semester courses. You will leave the program knowing your fall courses and being able to order books.
What do I do if I need special accommodations?
You can request special accessibility services or meal requirements through our office at (208) 282-2973.
What if I cannot attend New Student Orientation?
Please contact the office of New Student Programs with any questions at (208) 282-2973.
How do I pay my New Student Orientation fee?
There is a non-refundable cost assessed on your student account. This cost is paid directly with a new student's tuition.
Can I bring my parents and guests?
Parents and guests are welcome to attend orientation. Parents and family play a very important role in helping you transition as well as be successful in your college career. Parents and guests will be charged for their meals.
Am I required to have health insurance?
Where do I get my student ID card?
ID card pictures can be taken in the Pond Student Union. It is very important to keep this card for the entire time you attend ISU as it serves as your library card, activity card, and meal card. Replacement cards cost $15.00.
What is ISU email?
Your ISU email is a primary line of communication from:
- Financial Aid
- All fully admitted students are provided with an email account (email accounts will never expire).
- The email address is their firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students must have internet access of some sort in order to access their email, either with a private ISP or an ISU computer account