Master of Health Education Program
The Program Director will review all Master of Health Education applications. Applicants who do not completely satisfy requirements are referred to the Health Education Admissions Committee (MHE Director and MHE graduate faculty) to determine admission.The Program Director will admit prospective students who satisfy the MHE program and Graduate School admission requirements.
For classified admission into the program, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Meet all requirements of the Graduate School
- Submit all previous college transcripts and have an accumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 in upper division courses. An applicant who currently holds a graduate degree must submit their transcripts, but the undergraduate GPA will not apply.
- Applicants must score an average of at least 40th percentile when considering both quantitative and verbal sections of the GRE general test, but no lower than the 20th percentile in either section
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals (non-relatives) who are familiar with their abilities. The letters will be uploaded to your graduate application portal
- Applicants must upload a typed essay (one to two pages, single spaced) to the graduate application portal describing their interest in pursuing the MHE degree and their vision of how it will facilitate their career goals
- Applicants currently holding degrees at the doctoral level from an accredited institution will not be required to submit GRE general test scores (this includes professional doctoral degrees such as PharmD, Juris Doctorate, Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine). All others holding degrees at the baccalaureate and master's level must submit GRE general test scores.