ISU fall online registration begins April 16; “Be Advised” campaign continues
April, 4, 2012
Idaho State University—with campuses in Pocatello, Meridian, Idaho Falls and Twin Falls— will hold online registration for fall classes April 16-23.
Assistance is available during regular business hours in the registration and advising centers on each campus. Online registration begins at 12:01 a.m. for each class level.
• Senior, Graduate, and Post Baccalaureate (90 or more credits) Monday, April 16
• Junior (58 or more credits), Wednesday, April 18
• Sophomore (26 or more credits), Friday, April 20
• Freshman (25 or fewer), Monday, April 23.
ISU is also continuing the “Be Advised” campaign to help students with their academic choices.
“Advising is the cornerstone of a successful experience at Idaho State University,” said JoAnn Hertz, director of ISU Central Academic Advising. “Interaction with departmental faculty who are experts in their field provides an advantage to any student who seeks it.”
The campaign led by Central Academic Advising, a unit of the Student Success Center, has numerous benefits, including:
• direct student contact with faculty from their chosen discipline
• access to up-to-date information from the department
• assistance with long-range degree completion planning
• opportunity to expand discipline knowledge on an informal basis
• understand what is needed to stay on track to graduation
• referrals and invitations to relevant learning opportunities outside of the classroom
“With proper advising students also will benefit by developing a professional relationship with a professor who can write recommendation letters for research or internship opportunities or serve as a scholarship reference,” Hertz said. “Faculty advisors can also help with career questions and graduate school applications.”