Idaho Conference on Health Care Sessions to be Broadcast Live to Boise Oct 22 - 24
October, 11, 2008
Pocatello – Idaho State University Kasiska College of Health Professions will host the 21st Annual Idaho Conference on Health Care Wednesday, Oct. 22, through Friday, Oct. 24, in the Pond Student Union Building on the Pocatello campus.
Several conference sessions will be broadcast live to Boise through ISU’s Distance Learning Network and can be viewed in Room 156 of the ISU- Boise campus located at 12301 W. Explorer Drive.
At the Boise broadcasts space is limited to 30 and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The live broadcast will include the following sessions:
Wednesday, Oct. 22
- “Nutrigenomics Research for Personalized Nutrition and Medicine” presented by Jim Kaput from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Welcome and Keynote Presentation: “Beating Obesity: Mission Impossible?” presented by Michael Dansinger from 7 to 9 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 23
- “Mindless Eating, Mindless Weight Loss, and ‘Secrets’ of Sustained Change” presented by Ron Guymon from 10:45 a.m. to noon.
- “Nutrigenomic Approaches to Understanding Obesity, Diet, and Cancer Prevention” presented by Sharon Ross from 2 to 3:20 p.m.
- “It Matters at Any Age: Substance Use Disorders and Older Adults” presented by Jean Woodward from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Keynote presentation “The Death Spiral: How 'the Uninsured' Became an American Caste” presented by Susan Starr Sered, followed by a Legislative Panel on ‘the Uninsured’ from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 24
- “Complementary and Alternative Medicine: A Multicultural Perspective” presented by Adam Perlman from 8:30 to 9:20 a.m.
- Oral Health Track, “Implications of Meth Abuse: Pharmacological, Oral and Oral Health Services,” from 9 a.m. to noon presented by Tara Johnson, Denise Bowen and Ann Spolarich, and Oral Health Track, “Oral Side Effects of Medication Use,” from 1 to 4 p.m. by Ann Spolarich.
The conference is free of charge to ISU students, faculty and staff. The full conference schedule is available at www.isu.edu/kchp/hlthconf. For the general public, registration fees are required for all events, except the evening keynote sessions.
For more information or to register, call Victoria Bañales at 282-3155.