Idaho State University has made the difficult decision to not hold in-person commencement and graduation-related activities this spring as previously planned. We invite graduates to participate in one of our upcoming commencement ceremonies on December 12, 2020 or May 8, 2021 in Pocatello, May 10, 2021 in Boise, or a commencement date further into the future –– whatever will work for you and your families.
ISU-Meridian Commencement Ceremony Information
Monday, May 11, 2020
Contact Ali Crane
Friends and family of the graduates are cordially invited to attend a reception immediately following commencement.
ISU students who plan on attending the Meridian ceremony, please complete the 2020 Meridian Commencement Ceremony Student Participation Form.
Cap, Gown, Hood and Tassel Information
- All graduates who attend commencement must wear the appropriate regalia.
- Students need to purchase regalia at ISU-Meridian at the Regalia Roadshow. The Roadshow will be held Thursday, March 12th from 1:00pm – 6:30pm and Friday, March 13th from 8:30am – 2:00pm. Items must be purchased those days in person. Cash, checks, and credit cards are accepted.
- Save time by pre-ordering your regalia. Email your name, degree, major, height, and weight to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9. Be sure to specify you are a Meridian student and put Meridian graduate in the subject line.
- Prices for regalia (excluding sales tax) are:
- $66.50- Associate/Bachelor (includes cap, gown, tassel, stole of gratitude)
- $72.00-Master (includes cap, gown, tassel and hood)
- $91.00-Doctorate (includes cap, gown, tassel and hood)
- Hoods, tassels and stoles of gratitude can also be purchased separately.
- Undergraduate students wear the tassel on the right prior to graduation. Move it to the left after your name has been announced.
- Graduate students wear the tassel on the left and do not change its position.
- Graduate students should carry the hood on the left arm.
- Students keep the regalia.
- If you would like to order fine, custom made regalia, you can order that from www.jostens.com. (Typically for doctorate/terminal degrees). It takes approximately 8 weeks to make, so order early.
- Candidates should be at CenturyLink Arena on May 11 at 5 p.m. to check in and begin the processional lineup.
- Undergraduate students check in on the 3rd floor
- Graduate and professional students check in on the 2nd floor
- Lifetouch will be at the ceremony to take photographs of graduates. Photographs will be available for purchase.
- Class rings and announcements can be ordered at jostens.com.
- Those who attend commencement are presented a diploma cover as they cross the stage.
- Be sure to pay your $20 Graduation/Commencement Fee.
- A final review of requirements will be completed prior to mailing diplomas. After review has been completed and degree is posted, your diploma will be mailed. This process may take 4-7 weeks after graduation.
- All diplomas will be mailed to the address indicated on the graduation application.
- If your address changes, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (208) 282-2661 or email@example.com.
- It is the desire of the administration and the faculty of Idaho State University that the ceremony be conducted with courtesy and respect for each of the graduates.
- The behavior of all graduates is an important element in maintaining a ceremony that should be a memorable occasion.
The University extends to you our very best wishes for continued success and happiness.
All faculty are invited to attend commencement.
- Please notify the ISU-Meridian Commencement Committee at (208) 373-1706, if you plan to attend.
- Faculty should be at CenturyLink Arena no later than 5:30 p.m.
- A suite has been reserved for faculty to assemble prior to the ceremony.
- Commencement regalia is required.
- Order regalia through faculty RSVP form that will be sent through email.
- Deadline to order regalia is March 23rd, without a late fee.
- Regalia must be picked up at ISU-Meridian Student Services, 1311 E. Central Drive, Meridian, Idaho, May 5-6.
- If a member of your immediate family is graduating, you may request to present the diploma cover at the ceremony.
- You are cordially invited to attend the reception immediately following commencement.
Is there a rehearsal?
No, there will not be a rehearsal. That is why we ask graduates to be at CenturyLink Arena at 5 p.m., Monday, May 11th.
How long will commencement last?
Approximately 1-2 hours.
Where can I pick up my cap and gown?
You will get your regalia at the Regalia Roadshow on March 12th and 13th.
What if I haven't ordered my cap/gown?
You must get your regalia at the Regalia Roadshow on March 12th and 13th.
What forms do I need to fill out to participate?
Students are required to complete the Application for Graduation (found on BengalWeb) and the Student Participation Form. The Student Participation form should be submitted by March 27th.
Are tickets required?
No, tickets are not required. Guests may sit anywhere that is not reserved seating.
Who do I contact if my guests need assistance with seating?
Please contact Ali Crane in advance at (208) 373-1706. You may also tell an usher on the day of commencement.
Where do I park?
There are numerous parking structures available throughout the downtown area. Four parking garages surround CenturyLink Arena. All provide hourly charged parking.