Monday, May 7, 2018
Contact Ali Crane
Friends and family of the graduates are cordially invited to attend a reception hosted by President Arthur C. and Dr. Laura Vailas immediately following Commencement.
ISU students who plan on attending the Meridian ceremony, please complete the 2018 Commencement Participation form.
Cap, Gown, Hood and Tassel Information
- All graduates who attend commencement must wear the appropriate regalia.
- Students need to order their cap and gown through the ISU Bookstore.
- Order regalia in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, phone number, height, weight, degree (AA, BS, MS, PhD, etc.) and major. You will then be contacted by the ISU Bookstore when your product is available (could be March 1st).
- Beginning March 1st, call (208) 282-3237 or toll free at 1(800) 688-4781 to order your regalia. Deadline is March 30th, without a late fee.
- Prices for regalia (excluding sales tax) are:
- $64.50- Associate/Bachelor (includes cap, gown, tassel, stole of gratitude)
- $69.00-Master (includes cap, gown, tassel and hood)
- $87.00-Doctorate (includes cap, gown, tassel and hood)
- Hoods, tassels and stoles of gratitude can also be purchased separately. Call the ISU Bookstore for prices.
- Cap and Gown distribution will be at ISU-Meridian during the following dates:
- Wednesday, May 2nd - 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, May 3rd - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Payette Room has been reserved for students to assemble prior to the ceremony.
- Undergraduate students wear the tassel on the right prior to graduation. Move it to the left after your name has been announced.
- Graduate students wear the tassel on the left and do not change its position.
- Graduate students should carry the hood on the left arm.
- Students keep the regalia.
- Candidates should be at the Boise Centre on May 7 at 5 p.m. to check in and begin the processional lineup.
- Undergraduate students check in at the Payette Room.
- Graduate and professional students check in at the Snake Room.
- Lifetouch will be at the ceremony to take photographs of graduates. Photographs will be available for purchase.
- Class rings and announcements can be ordered at jostens.com.
Check out the checklist.
- Those who attend commencement are presented a diploma cover as they cross the stage.
- Be sure to pay your $20 Graduation/Commencement Fee.
- A final review of requirements will be completed prior to mailing diplomas. After review has been completed and degree is posted, your diploma will be mailed. This process may take 4-7 weeks after graduation.
- All diplomas will be mailed to the address indicated on the graduation application.
- If your address changes, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (208) 282-2661 or email@example.com.
- It is the desire of the administration and the faculty of Idaho State University that the ceremony be conducted with courtesy and respect for each of the graduates.
- The behavior of all graduates is an important element in maintaining a ceremony that should be a memorable occasion.
The University extends to you our very best wishes for continued success and happiness.
All faculty are invited to attend commencement.
- Please notify the ISU-Meridian Commencement Committee at (208) 373-1707, if you plan to attend.
- Faculty should be at the Boise Centre no later than 5:30 p.m.
- The Salmon Room has been reserved for faculty to assemble prior to the ceremony.
- Commencement regalia is required.
- Order regalia through Stefanie Shadduck, (208) 373-1707.
- Deadline to order regalia is March 16th, without a late fee.
- Regalia must be picked up at ISU-Meridian Student Services, 1311 E. Central Drive, Meridian, Idaho, May 2-3.
- If a member of your immediate family is graduating, you may request to present the diploma cover at the ceremony.
- You are cordially invited to attend the reception immediately following commencement.
Is there a rehearsal?
No, there will not be a rehearsal. That is why we ask graduates to be at the Boise Centre at
5 p.m., Monday, May 7th.
How long will commencement last?
Approximately 1- 1/2 hours
Where can I pick up my cap and gown?
You will be able to pick up your cap and gown at ISU-Meridian, 1311 E. Central Drive on the dates and times listed above.
What if I haven't ordered my cap/gown?
You must order your cap and gown by March 31st or you may have to pay additional shipping charges. Students need to order their cap and gown through the ISU Bookstore starting
March 1st. Please call (208) 282-3237 or toll free at 1-800-688-4781.
What forms do I need to fill out to participate?
Students are required to complete the Application for Graduation (found on BengalWeb) and the Student Participation Form (Student Participation Form) The Student Participation form should be turned into the front office by April 6th.
Are tickets required?
No, tickets are not required. Guests may sit anywhere that is not reserved seating.
Who do I contact if my guests need assistance with seating?
Please contact Stefanie Shadduck in advance at (208) 373-1707. You may also tell an usher on the day of commencement.
Where do I park?
There are numerous parking structures available throughout the downtown area. Four parking garages surround the Boise Centre. All provide hourly charged parking.