To provide the knowledge and technical skills for eligibility to become certified peace officers as set forth by the standards of the Idaho Peace Officers Standards and Training Council for the State of Idaho.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Understand the importance of ethical and moral behavior associated with the Law Enforcement field as defined by the Idaho Peace Officer Standards and Training Council.
- Know the various techniques and methods used by police officers including written and oral communications.
- Know Idaho law as it pertains to the criminal code, traffic code, criminal procedures, and rules of evidence.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of law enforcement equipment.
- Understand problem resolution and decision making skills as they relate to the performance of police duties.
- Recognize and demonstrate the importance of physical and mental fitness as it pertains to the performance of police duties.
- Understand the various techniques of criminal investigation.
- Understand the legal issues of federal and state codes for crimes, punishments, arrests, and detention.