Pre-Departure Checklist for International Students
Now that you’ve been accepted to Idaho State University, there are a few more things you’ll need to do before your arrival.
1) Pay Your Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Fee
You can pay your SEVIS fee online.
2) Apply for a Student Visa
Apply for your F-1 or J-1 visa.
The Department of State outlines the steps to apply for F-1 or J-1 visas.
Please let us know the results of your visa interview within 3 days of your interview by sending an email to email@example.com.
Note: Students from Canada are not required to appear for a visa interview and may skip this step.
3) Arrange Housing
Make your arrangements for housing by doing one of the following:
4) Travel Information
Transportation information, including how to get to Pocatello, taxi and shuttle information, and hotel information can be found on our Transportation Page.
Students are required to submit a travel details form at least three weeks prior to travel.
5) Complete Online Advising
Complete the mandatory F.A.R. advising session and the quiz following each session. In order to complete the F.A.R. advising, you will need to use your student ID and username,found on your acceptance letter.
Students who do not do this prior to arrival at ISU will not be able to register for classes until it is completed.
Select the advising session that applies to your current status:
Listed below are the first semester sample schedules for international students. Students should register for the suggested courses before they arrive at ISU and after they have completed the appropriate online advising session. Students can make changes to their class schedules until the 10th day of classes. If your major is not listed below, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and ISU ID number and ask for a suggested first semester class schedule.
- Accounting, General Business, Finance, Informatics, Health Care Informatics, Management, Marketing
- Biology, Chemistry, Math, Microbiology
- Dietetics, Dental Hygiene, Health Education, Nursing, Radiographic Science
- Economics, International Studies, Political Science
- Engineering, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical
- English, Communication, Art
- Math, Nuclear Engineering, Physics
- Pre-Pharmacy and Health Science
- Psychology, Sociology, Social Work
7) Register for Orientation
Complete and submit the online International Student Orientation Registration Form.
8) Check-In with IPO
Once you arrive in Pocatello, you will need to Check-In promptly at the International Programs Office.
Please have all of the following documents with you when you check in:
- I-20 or DS-2019
- I-94 card
- Complete our Check-In form or the Check-In Form included in your admissions packet. This form must be completed in its entirety and submitted in person to the International Programs Office upon arrival.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at (208) 282-4320 or email us at email@example.com.
Pocatello, Idaho, USA 83209-8038