Room Use Policies
General Reservations Requirements
Reservations booked through Scheduling and Event Services – Idaho Falls must adhere to all applicable State and federal laws, as well as University and Scheduling and Event Services – Idaho Falls policies and procedures. By reserving space through Scheduling and Event Services – Idaho Falls, the sponsor agrees to these terms and accepts full responsibility for the meeting or event. The event sponsor also agrees to allow Scheduling and Event Services – Idaho Falls to post their event information on the website and digital displays owned and operated by Student Unions and Involvement.
Co-Sponsorship and Facility Use
Scheduling and Event Services – Idaho Falls does not allow sponsorship of a non-University event when the non-University group seeks to reduce applicable costs for facilities or services.
Qualifications for University Co-Sponsorship of Non-University Events:
- Should a University group consider to co-sponsor the event of a non-University group, all of the following qualifications must first be met. The event must:
- Be related to and help to further the mission and core values of Idaho State University.
- Be related to the mission and purposes of the co-sponsoring department.
Requirements for Co-Sponsorship
- Should a University group choose and qualify to co-sponsor an event with a non-University group, all of the following co-sponsorship requirements must be fulfilled:
- A representative from the University group must act as the primary contact for the event (making the reservation, providing the details, etc.)
- In addition, in order to receive the University rate, the invoice must be paid through a University Department account. Outside invoices for University sponsored events will not be allowed.
- The sponsoring group/department must provide an index code to Scheduling and Event Services – Idaho Falls and will also be financially responsible for any additional charges or damages which may occur.
Cancellations and No Shows
- Campus organizations or departments failing to use reserved space twice a semester (without canceling at least four hours in advance) may lose the use of meeting space in the Student Union for up to one semester, or may lose their ability to schedule serial reservations for a semester.
- Rooms must be left in the original condition in which they were received. This means that there is to be no trash, debris, or items left on the table or floors. All trash is to be placed in bins. Furniture which has been rearranged must be replaced its original location.
- Cleaning fees will be charged if rooms are not returned in the original condition. This is a flat cleaning fee of $25 for conference/meeting rooms and $50 for the TAB Auditorium and Bennion Multipurpose rooms.
Signs, Banners, Decorations Used In Reserved Rooms
- Signs, banners, and decorations are allowed in your reserved room and its entrance only.
- Signs, banners, and decorations placed in hallways, entrances to the building, on floors, walls, windows or ceilings are not permitted without permission from Scheduling and Event Services – Idaho Falls.
- Easels may be used to display informational signs at the entrance of a meeting room, classroom, auditorium, and multipurpose rooms only. Easels are not to be used at building entrances or in hallways without permission from Scheduling and Event Services – Idaho Falls.
- A frame signs must be approved before being placed inside the building.
- If approved, signs, banners, and decorations must be attached to wood, metal, or painted surfaces with art putty or removable mounting squares only.
- Banners and ceiling mounted signs are to be hung and removed by the Student Union or Maintenance and Operations facility staff only.
- Use of tape is prohibited in the Bennion Student Union, Tingey Administration Building, and Center for Higher Education with the exception of approved hanging locations.
- All exits must be free of barricades and exit signs must remain clearly visible.
- All paper, cloth, and other flammable materials must be away from light fixtures and heat sources.
- Decorations may not be hung or attached to ceiling sprinkler heads. Decorations may not be attached to curtains, window coverings, light fixtures, or air vents. Nails, tacks, staples, or other sharp objects are not to be driven into walls, floors, doors, ceilings, or tables.
- All decorations must be painted prior to being brought into the buildings. All decorations must be removed at the conclusion of the contracted time. Additional cleaning costs will be charged if materials are not removed.
- Glitter, confetti, sequins, hay, and other fine-type decorative materials are not allowed. Additional cleaning costs will be charged if these are used.
- No open flames or unapproved candles. Candles must first be approved by Scheduling and Event Services – Idaho Falls. Incense, fog machines, pyrotechnics, smudging, and fire are not allowed in the buildings.