In collaboration with the YMCA Healthy Living Center’s Delay the Disease program, and with funding support from the ISU Office of Research, Dr. Evan Papa is running a Rock Steady Boxing program for people with Parkinson’s disease (PD). Rock Steady Boxing is a one-of-a-kind program providing a uniquely effective form of physical exercise to people who are living with PD. This non-contact, boxing-inspired fitness routine is proving to dramatically improve the ability of people with Parkinson’s to live independent lives.
Internal Funding Awards
- Influence of gender disparities on mobility and fall risk following community based group exercise in Parkinson's disease. ISU Internal Seed Grant. PI Evan Papa (physical therapy), Statistical Consultant Rick Tivis.
- Putting Students in the Driver’s Seat: A Participatory Approach to Developing an Interprofessional Course on Palliative Care. ISU Innovation and Teaching Grant. PI Susan Tavernier (nursing), co-I Barbara Gordon (nutrition and dietetics).
- Logan Lamprecht (counseling): “Building cohesive and experiential distance learning communities through technology-enhanced classroom environments”
External Funding Awards
- Interprofessional Education Exchange (iPEX) – Development of a palliative care oncology curriculum within a wellness framework. National Cancer Institute, NIH. Co-I: Susan Tavernier (nursing), Barbara Mason (pharmacy), Shauna Smith (speech/language pathology), Barbara Gordon (nutrition and dietetics),
Logan Lamprecht (counseling).
- Identifying and validating plasma circulating angiotensin peptides as biomarkers for different inflammatory diseases. INBRE/CTR-IN Developmental Transitional Team Grant. Co-PI: Ali Habashi (pharmacy), Susan Tavernier (nursing).
- Idaho Suicide Prevention Needs Assessment Analysis, Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. PI Russ Spearman (Institute of Rural Health), Co-I Elaine Nguyen (pharmacy).