Pre-health Advising Library
(Books may be checked out for 2 weeks)
- A Few Words from the Chair by David Clow
- Advancing Healthy Populations: The Pfizer guide to Careers in Public Health
- Becoming Dr. Q by Alfredo Qui
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- Better: A Surgeon’s Notes on Performance by Atul Gwande
- Beyond the Checklist by Suzanne Gordon, Patrick Mendenhall, Bonnie Blair C’Conner
- Boys in White by Howard S. Becker
- Broken Justice by Kenneth C Edelin
- Caring for Patients from Different Cultures by Geri-Ann Galanti
- Charlie & Me - DVD
- Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science by Atul Gawande
- Critical Condition by Donald L Barlett
- Death of the Good Doctor by Kate Scannell, M.D.
- Doctors' Diaries - PBS home video 112 minutes
- First, Do No Harm by Lisa Belkin
- Healthcare Handbook Second Edition, The by Elizabeth Askin, M.D., Nathan Moore, M.D.
- Health Professional and Patient Interaction Eighth Edition by Ruth Purtllo, Amy Haddad, Regina Doherty
- Hollowing Out the Middle by Patrick J. Carr, Maria J. Kefalas
- House of God, The by Samuel Shem
- Human Side of Medicine, The by Laurence A Savett
- Joseph Janse the Apostle of Chiropractic Education by Reed B Phillips
- Kill as Few Patients as Possible by Oscar London, M.D.
- Learning to Play God by Robert Marion
- Made to Stick by Chip Heath & Dan Heath
- MedEdits Guide to Medical School Admissions, The by Jessica Freedman, M.D.
- Medical Marriages by Glen Gabbard
- Medical School Coach, The by Gary Rose, M.D., FACS
- Medical School Interview Second Edition, The by Jeremiah Fleenor, M.D, MBA
- Medical School Interview, The by Jessica Freedman, M.D.
- Mentoring and Diversity by Thomas Landefeld
- Not Dead Yet by Robert Buckman
- On Becoming a Doctor by Tania Heller, M.D.
- Opportunities in Chiropractic Careers by Bart N. Green, D.C., M.S.Ed., Claire Johnson, D.C., M.S.Ed., Louis Sportelli, D.C.
- So You want to be a Physician Assistant by Beth Grivett, PA
- Spirit Catches you and you Fall Down, The by Anne Fadiman
- Take the Risk by Ben Carson, M.D.
- This Side of Doctoring by Eliza Lo Chin
- Verbal Reasoning Mastery by Charles A Chaney
- Vetting, The Making of a Veterinarian by Dr. Pete Freyburger
- When the Air Hits your Brain by Frank Vertosick
- Women in Medicine by Janet Bickel
Also available are:
- Study guides for the DAT and MCAT.
- Books containing admission information for Medical, Dental, Veterinary and Optometry Schools.
- Exploring Healthcare Careers and Healthcare Careers Directory
These materials are located in the Pre-Health Office, room 307 in the Beckley Nursing Building (#66) on the Pocatello campus.
Questions? Call (208) 282-2172