Application for Non-Resident Tuition Waiver (NRTW) for Graduate Students at Idaho State University
The Graduate School has a very limited number of Non-Resident Tuition Waivers (NRTW) to award to students who are not residents of Idaho (If you are an Idaho Resident, you do not need to complete this form). Please contact the ISU Admissions Office for questions regarding Idaho Residency.
All students must be full-time (classified admission status) degree-seeking students in order to be considered for a NRTW. Classified (with Performance Requirements) and Unclassified (non-degree-seeking) students are not eligible for NRTWs.
GRE, GMAT, or MAT scores are required and must be received by ISU by the application deadline to be considered for a NRTW.
Students who have a GPA below 3.0 on deadline date are not eligible to receive a Non-Resident Tuition Waiver.
These waivers are awarded competitively on the basis of scholarship and academic performance.
Waivers are awarded based upon a ranking system using the current NRTW applicants' GRE/MAT/GMAT scores and entry GPA and graduate GPA (if the student has a graduate GPA).
- There are a very limited number of waivers. Many qualified applicants will not receive a waiver due to the limited number of waivers available.
- Time accrued while receiving a Non-Resident Tuition Waiver will not contribute toward the length of time required for Idaho Residency status.
- Students who do not provide scores will not be eligible to receive a Non-Resident Tuition Waiver. A test score must be on file by the application deadline.
- Recipients of NRTWs will be notified as soon as possible following determination of awards.
- An NRTW application is not required for application to Graduate School. An admissions application does not include an NRTW application, this form must be filled out and submitted to be considered.
- Currently, the following programs do not qualify for a NRTW:
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy
NRTWs are not available for Summer semester.
May 1- Fall Semester
November 1- Spring Semester
Students must reapply for NRTWs every year. Late applications will not be considered.
For questions reegarding the NRTW please contact Dr. Amanda Eakins @ email@example.com