International Affairs Council (IAC)
The International Affairs Council (IAC) is a student club that was first organized in the early 1970s with the goal of sponsoring an annual international affairs symposium on campus. As you can see we are just a small group of normal college students. We all share one thing in common, though, a desire to make the world a better place.
Initially, the IAC sponsored a model United Nations, the first such project in Idaho. The narrow scope of the simulation and the inability of individuals outside the IAC to actively participate inhibited the fulfillment of the IAC’s objectives. IAC believes sharing different viewpoints is vital to understanding the resolutions of complex international problems. The Frank Church Symposium on International Affairs has allowed the IAC to continue its search for understanding. In the spring of each year since 1972, speakers have been brought to Pocatello to discuss problems in the international arena. Representatives from over 45 nations have participated in IAC forums to date.
If you are interested in helping to plan the upcoming symposium, please join us on Wednesdays from 12:00pm-1:00 pm in the Snake River Room of the Pond Student Union Building. You can receive upper-division credit for doing so under the course code IS 3350. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director: Dr. Raphael Njoku
Assistant Director: Rachael Johnston
Le Conseil Français (French Club)
- Contact Valia Tatarova at email@example.com for more information.
- Lambda Omega Local Chapter of Pi Delta Phi (French National Honor Society)
Der Deutsche Studentenverein (German Club)
- Contact Sandra Dillon at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Contact Sanae Johnsen at email@example.com for more information.
La Tertulia (Spanish Club)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Phi Nu Local Chapter of Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish National Honor Society)