The Department of Global Studies and Languages is committed to the routine assessment and continuous improvement of all of our programs to ensure that we are meeting our mission and outcomes. On this page, you can learn more about the outcomes for the undergraduate program in Global Studies. You can also check out our "curriculum map" to find out how specific courses align to program outcomes and an overview of course level outcomes of our core courses.
All graduates with Global Studies majors and minors will be able to:
- Develop an understanding of global issues;
- Understand and appreciate global perspectives;
- Be sensitive to cultural differences;
- Be able to apply alternative perspectives to global issues.
Specifically, graduates with Global Studies major and minors will learn how to:
- Research, write professionally and communicate orally;
- Evaluate evidence;
- Analyze and evaluate the feasibility of a variety of coping strategies;
- Make appropriate decisions;
- Develop and maintain appropriately professional interpersonal relations